Well I'm 24, I used to throw an x-brain or something in middle school but never really got into it. I seen a mosquito at walmart and and my buddy, Josey McCormick, showed me to breakaway and bind and I've been mainlining yoyo since. Bought a metal drifter and learned everything on the tut section here with it. I got a protostar about 2 months ago and I'm so so so so happy with it's performance. So i'm about 6 months in and i'm drooling over some of the metals out. Ok Ok enough about me let me spit out some specs.
1. weight 68-65
2. dia. 50 (idk it seems small) i'm thinking like 52-54 a little smaller than my proto maybe. but 50 seems kinda small.
3. I like wide...nothing under 40, but not like severance wide...
4. H-shape is the one i have most experience with. but i'm open to everything.
5. NOTHING splash or acid wash I hate those colors and i've found yoyos i like that I can't find without it.
6. MUST be able to accept flowable silicone. I'm broke and buying stickers sucks for me a tube of silicone lasts forever.....
7. no hubstacks.....no weird gimmicky stuff....I just want a beast mode 1A yoyo that can grind
Ok....here is what's i've been looking at lately. YYF Augie Fash's Boss.
OneDrop MarkMontNext (seems heavy..) OneDrop Y-Factor. YYF MVP, CLYW Sasquatch (if i can find in stock anywhere) SPYY Punchline, SPYY Addiction. and been looking at the 3yo3 models lately too....I really like superstar and skyline but i HATE the whole hubstack thing.
My style isn't very fast although I like to make certain parts of my freestyles fast and others slow. So something that can be pushed fast would be nice. Was thinking something super stable with a little hang time. Something that holds a good loop for suicides etc. I've also had a little problem with tilt while in tricks (probually my technique) so something that is easy to correct tilt on is good. I do alot of kwijibo type hop tricks and alot of spirit bomb mount type tricks. I haven't learned to grind really yet. My proto seems to hate grinding and my drifter is dinged to heck and back
sorry it's like a page long, I typed faster than my brain will work.