Introduce Yourself!

Great introduction to the sport. Welcome!

1 Like

Haii my name is Machu(nickname that ppl call me). I am 12, and I like to yoyo. My two most favorite yoyos are the yoyo factory horizon and the yomega prodigy. I started back in 2011 with the beginner yoyos. I had a yomega nebula. Then I got a Duncan metal drifter. I started getting hurt with my metal drifter which discouraged me and made me stop. I started again in 2014 September. My favorite yoyoers would have to be Brandon Vu(Australias yoyo champion) and hajime Miura(3a worlds snjrisbfofh u should know by now who he his). I use Erik Koloskis venom string by yoyostringlab. I forgot about another one of my first yoyos(yomega xodus II). I could do 1a, 4a, and 5a. Those are all the things I could think of at the top of my head that I could explain about myself that’s related to yoyoing. MACHU OUT

Hi! Whats Up! My name is Chevex. A one year yoyo player. I came here to lear more about this awesome game.

My favorite yoyos? All
My favorite tricks? Slack tricks

His friend Gentry Stein is the world champion. You’re so lucky :slight_smile:

M name is Justin. I have been doing tricks for about 5 years now. I’m not practicing as much as I used to but I’m still consistent with the level that I have been at. I’ve been stuck on landing the last part of spirit bomb for a while. My favorite yo-yo is the YoyoFactory 888x. I started doing tricks off of a yo-yo that my parents got me for Christmas one year when another one I had broke. It was a Yomega Power Brain Wing. It came with a book of tricks so I started off of that and haven’t stopped. I’s say that my favorite trick is either suicide or jade whip. I found out about YoyoExpert while I was just surfing the web for some better equipment and I have mainly stuck with this website since. I love this website. I was henceforth known as “Yo-yo kid” at my high school because I was the only guy who used a yo-yo this way. I’ve tried all styles but 1A has always felt the most natural for me. I look forward to the future years of practicing to get better at more advanced tricks.

You sound just like me 3 years ago ;D Especially with an 888x and having difficulty at the final Spirit Bomb move.

Keep at it! You’ll get there.

Welcome

I just started yo-yoing about little over aweek ago or so. So I’m new to the forums as well as yo-yo’s. I can’t edit my profile to add my location on the map to find players and communities. If anyone can help with that, let me know. I am also using the Metal Drifter Yo-yo. and able to do one bind, and been practicing the man on the flying trapeze the most, if anyone is near sacramento, ca that knows of any communities around there, any info would be awesome.
Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this, and help me out.

There are plenty of poeple in california,as for the map,it never worked for me.

The map has been broken for quite some time.

Check here for other players in your area: Yo-Yo Contests, Clubs, and Events

1 Like

You’re only about 1.5 hours from Chico!! Check out the Chico Yoyo Club at Bird in Hand every Saturday… you can practice and learn from the current World 1A champ, as well as some other great instructors.

1 Like

Thank You for the information. I was able to find 2 clubs near me as I am in the center of them both. I saw the Chico club, a long with the YoLex club in Roseville. I hope one of these clubs will help me, along with everyone here.

Hello everyone, I’m Zach and I’ve been a yoyo player for about five years since I was fifteen. However, I’ve been playing with yoyos since I was at least five. When I was on spring break my freshman year of high school, I found a Duncan Butterfly yoyo and bought it for a dollar. After that, I got pretty into it. I learned most of what I know today from the learning section of this site. Currently I am working on learning all of the tricks in the sport ladder. The only two I have left to learn are Iron Whip and Black Hops. Right now I am currently using the Gradient yoyo by One Drop, and it’s been great so far. I can’t wait to learn more tricks and meet more players!

Welcome! There has been so talk that Yoyoexpert is going to update there tutorials and maby ec\van add some new tricks so they’ll be plenty more for you to learn before too long. You can also check the yoyo video section and see if you can find some tutorials there

Hey guys,

Hazzard here (also known as Jared), wanted to say hi. I am trying to find the most active yo yo forums on the net to ask questions get ideas on good yo-yos to get, etc…

So far im practicing front mounts, front flips, breakaways into trapeze, etc

I have a Metal Drifter, a Sage, and an Oracle

this is probably the most active yoyo forum youll ever find…

welcome

Thanks Alecto, I just posted a new thread in the general discussion with some questions of mine if you can help me out :slight_smile:

What are some slang you guys use? Is there a slang for the Yo-Yo as well? A Throw?

throw = yoyo
tech = technical tricks
flow = how well tricks form together
bst = buy/sell/trade
slack = tricks involving long string and whips

theres more but that would take quite a bit to remember

OG just means its the original run of a yoyo
CLYW= Caribou Lodge Yoyo Works
OD= One Drop yoyo’s
YYF= Yoyofactory
YYJ=Yoyojam
YYE= Yoyoexpert