Introduce Yourself!

Darn, just a bit too far to make for an easy meet-up! I’m in Ottawa. Welcome to the forums anyhow! There’s an active club in Toronto and Nationals are planned for Toronto next year. Perhaps we’ll cross paths there.

Hello everyone, my name is Patrick from SoCal. Gotten back into yoyoing after a long break of 11 years (since my last contest). Used to throw from 98-03 and was able to give me the honor to compete against some notable names as well as winning some ladder contests. :slight_smile:
Although I dabbled from time to time, but never bought another yoyo since than, until recently got back into it when shopping online and wanting to get free shipping, added a Magic YoYo T8 Shadow and oh man what a difference of play.

My previous yoyos that I always used was the original duncan freehand, so with the few new ones I’ve bought recently has added some new ideas for tricks. We’ll see how things go!

Welcome to the forums Patrick :smiley:

I’m Jake and I’m relatively new to yo-yoing. I learned some things 2 years ago and I still remember them. In the past week of finding my yo-yo, I learned how to use my YYF Counter Attack and even added a counter weight to it. I am getting a Breast Cancer Edition Yo-Yo Jam Go BIG and I can’t wait for offstring play. Still can’t get used to looping…

^^ I suggest not going all out but trying one style at a time. But, anyways, WELCOME TO THE FORUM FAMILY!

(NOTE: Sometimes, we don’t act as friends but we are. Don’t worry, everyone’s welcome and liked) :smiley:

Hello from the Philippines!!! My name is Mino and I recently started learning how to do tricks on the yoyo. Please kind to me senpais!!!

My name is Alex and I do 1a and I’m pretty new but I could do cold fusion,etc.

Hello everyone, old timer who just got his first unresponsive yoyo. Looking forward to learning all the new stuff thats happened in the past 10 years. Last new yoyo was a super spinfaktor, just picked up a revival.

Luke

Shouldn’t be a problem to pick up where you left off. When I discovered unresponsive it had been 25 years since I last rocked the baby on a wooden yoyo. :slight_smile:

Hi, I’m from chile. I currently own a YYF Shutter, a ONE and a DV888. I have been playing 1A for 5 months and waiting for a package with 2A yoyos and more 1A yoyos (I needed good plastics to practice so I don’t beat my shutter too much).

Welcome to the forums.

The Northstar and Protostar are really good plastics for the price.

Hi everyone, im from hesperia, ca. my friend got me into the sport of yoyoing about a year ago and i love it . Im getting better everyday thanks to the videos on yoyoexpert.com

Welcome! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Im Grayden. Im a tad new to yo-yoing and I’ve loved it. Hope to meet some of you guys and gals!

Welcome to the forums Grayden

Hey everyone I’m Zen, I used to yoyo a few years back and just today received my new Shutter and can’t wait to start throwing again :smiley:

Welcome to the forums Zen. The shutter is a great yoyo

Hey all! Old man starting from scratch here. I had a Duncan Butterfly back in the day and couldn’t do anything more than Walk the Dog and Around the World. Researching a Christmas present for my much younger brother-in-law got me interested in yoyo again recently. Haven’t been at it long, but starting to learn how to bind with an unresponsive setup and getting ready for my first metal yoyo purchase.

Welcome aboard, DrG! Lots of us old guys around here. I’ve organized an “old people” video contest for the past 2 summers and there’s good turnout. Plus there are at least several “regulars” and mods who are in the older category.

Have fun, and if you have questions, post’em to the main forum and someone’s bound to help.

Hi my name is Owen and i am intrested in yo-yoing because at my school there is a 7th grader who shows people yo-yo stuff:)