Introduce Yourself!

My name is Jon (31) and I have loved yo yo’s since I was a little kid. I fooled around with basic tricks, all the ones in the Duncan handbook. Recently I rediscovered how much fun yo yo-ing can be, and with so many things available on the internet, I have learned numerous new tricks and need to learn more. Right now I am using the Speed Dial by Yo Yo factory, but have decided that this yo yo has gotten me as far as it can, and now I need to upgrade to a more advanced yo yo. If anyone can suggest a good one, that would be great, because I will probably go with aesthetics over performance…

thanks.

Hello,
My name is Kai and I am 9 years old.
I was born in California, but I now live in Sopron, Hungary.
I was lucky enough to be in California this last October for the 2008 National Championships, in Chico. Lots of fun and got to meet and see a lot of the pros perform.
My favorites are Grant Johnson, Yoshi Mikamoto and Augie Fash.

My favorite yoyo is the Dark Magic and am patiently waiting for the Legacy. It’s harder to learn by yourself, but I hope to hook up with some of the guys here in Hungary. Also, the videos are awesome.

Kaiyo

WoW!
We could be like a team! the two youngsters, im 11 and your 9!
Its better to learn early because if your good enough, you can perform at worlds at 15 or 16
Welcome to the forum!

And I’m 13!

YO! What’s up yoyo experts? and novices(like me!) this site seems pretty cool! i stumbled upon it by accident(divine) so i figured i would register and share my yoyoing experiences. i first began as a kid
in the mid-70’s when there was a yoyo craze going on. The main yoyo company was Duncan and the butterfly was all the rage,although, if you had a velvet imperial you were considered cool.i have thrown yoyos ever since,but only really learned the basics: sleeper, ‘round the world, rock the cradle
and the infamous walk the dog(URGH!).It wasn’t until a few years ago that i was reintroduced to the world of yoyoing by a fan backstage throwing a really cool yoyo. i was taking a smoke break,but didn’t have any cigarettes, so i spent my break yoyoing instead.then,it hit me (an idea,not the yoyo)
what if i were to yoyo every time i felt the urge to smoke? i had been trying to quit and figured this would help to take my mind off of it. and it did! 3 years later i am smoke free (nasty habit) and i have a nice collection of yoyos! i even got other band members and friends into yoyoing. i perform with Bushwalla and…123 Band! and there’s always some type of zany antics on stage! we yoyo,juggle,breath fire and balance our instruments on our faces all while makin’ you shake your booty! if you don’t believe me just check out Bushwalla.net and see! yoyoing is a great way to express yourself,meet people and experience a since of accomplishment,not to mention it takes the kids away from the t.v. and gives them something more challenging and fun! YOYOS FOR EVERYONE!
Dredyo

Could you post a video of one of your performences?

;D james and kyle are here! wahahaha!

Name: John Benedict H. Valdez
Nationality: Filipino
Division: 1A, 4A, 5A
favorite yoyo: i really like YYJ’s but i dont know why i get to have a Duncan? (Wierd)
but i love my FH2 and FHZ

hi!
i’m Xela from france.
i’m 28 years old.
i started yoyo 4 years ago now.
i’m still wondering why i love yoyo so mutch.
as you can see my english is realy bad…
that’s me:

NEVER GIVE UP!!!
see ya my friends!

I am Saxon Zoolakis from California. Here are my stats.

yoyo’s- mini mo-tu, california, and axiom

skill level- expert

tricks- my favorites are wrist mount variations, thumb grinds, gyro flops, and whips.

style of play- 1A 5A and Counterweight

I am Brendan Merhab and me and Saxon are a part of team Californai magic a yo yo team we created for younger people here are my stats to
Yo-Yo: Dark Magic and California
Skill Level: Expert
Time yo-yoing: 2 Months
I also run and update our team site http://californiamagic.webs.com We are currently not sponsored but we hope that will change soon
Thanks,
Merhab

Its a great forum!

Hey All! I’m Chris… uh… right now I’m rocking a Dark Magic, white. Just ordered an Axiom from this site, pretty pumped about it. Haven’t been doing this yo-yo thing too long, but I love it. And I love Andre’s tutorials, they’re very helpful. Does anyone know of any other good trick videos, or places I can get ideas? I’m trying to learn as much as I can.

Try Andres other site, mastermagic :wink:
http://www.mastermagic.net/

Hello, my name is Gerald i currently own about 120 yo yos and getting more all the time as you could guess i collect as well as play. Started out with some 3,4,9 dollar ones now its gotten out of hand, i remember when i bought my first $40.00 yo thought it was alot now i’m well into the hundred and over.Still buy all levels but keep an eye out for sales on the high end ones or ones i just want.Still have alot of questions about strings and things but have had good luck asking the people at yyj and have always got an answer i can use.Hope to get some info here about different things. Thank be seeing ya

Hey People, I am a fun-loving kid of 12, and I own a YYJ Dark Magic, and I think I am decently good at yoyoing, and here are my videos if you want to check them out:

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Randy. I’ve been yoyoing for about 2 years, and I’m working my way through Expert sections. My favorite yoyo is the Eight 8 Eight, and some my favorite tricks are Revolutions, Spirit Bomb, Atomic Bomb, and Drop in the Bucket…

Loving your user name…
I wish i would of thought of that

:frowning:

Hello to all the other yoyo fans out there!

I love to yoyo and it is one of my favorite things to do. I first started yoyoing 3 years ago, but I am taking the skill more serious now. My favorite yoyo is the Markmont Project by One Drop yoyos. I am an 1a player that likes to watch all types. My favorite tricks are anything to do with slack style. If you ever see me at worlds say hi.

hi i’m YoYoMAN and i’ve been yoing for 12 months and my favorite yoyo is the Dark Magic.

I suppose I’m obliged to write brief introduction of myself. My name is Joel, let’s say I’m twenty something years old. After watching the Swedish version of America’s got talent, and seeing some guy doing string tricks I decided to get myself a professional yoyo. Since the stock in the only Swedish online skilltoy store was rather limited, I decided to go for a Henrys Viper classic. I found (due to the yoyo (I later learned)) Longer string tricks to be quite impossible, so the yoyo ended up on a shelf collecting dust. About a year later in august 2008 I decided to give it a new try, and bought myself a YYJ SpeedMaker. A couple of month later I’ve got about fifteen yoyos (mostly YYJ and YYF), and my girlfriend thinks I’m a geek.