Introduce Yourself!

Hey guys, my name is Ben. I’ve been throwing for about a year and a half, and at this point im pretty much totally commited to the hobby. I’ve been wanting to get into the community and am interested to hear your opinions about pretty much anything yoyo related.

Hi Ben. I’m Ben. Welcome. :slight_smile:

Hi everybody!
My name is michele i’m 24 from italy, i started to use yo-yo one month ago.
I Have two yoyo my first is 2.0 from Yoyofactory and the second is a sakura from ILYY i sign up to this forum because im my city there isn’t many yo-yo player to talk or other so i’m here ;D
i’m so sorry but my english is bad but is a chance to learn it

Hi Michele. What city in Italy are you in? There are a number of players in Italy :slight_smile:

Welcome!

Hey everyone. My names Steven and ive been yoyoing on and off for about 3 years. I mainly stuck to duncan yoyos because I’d buy them at the duncan stand in downtown disney!. However now with yoyoexpert I can easily branch out. Rocking a torque and an origami right now, however both are out of commission until my new response pads come. I did just order a skyva though and im super pumped about that. I’m trying to branch out and would love to hear everyone’s favorite throws!

Yeah but not in my City i Live in Iseo a small coutry near the lake in the province of Brescia but i never meet another player or a store about yo-yo

Yeh, no disrespect to YYE because they are great! But Visiting Downtown Disney once or twice a year like I do give me a chance to talk with some great players. I also agree with you on the Torque and the Origami. They are two of my favorite throws.

Hi. After I stopped playing yoyo for some reason around 2001 I’ve started up again. I’ve never been very good, but I love the yoyo. I can currently do very little with unresponsive yoyos. I need to learn to bind better. I want to start learning string tricks. I have a Replay that I usually play repsonsive, but I switch the bearing from my Magicyoyo N8 (too small for a re-beginner) which I have modded to accept a slim bearing and play responsive. Just ordered a Recess First Base and a Magicyoyo V3. I will really start focusing on unresponsive play with the First Base. Once I can do a few tricks I will but a Cabal and maybe an aluminum unresponsive. The Cabal looks wonderful.

I have some old Tom Kuhn yoyos that I hadn’t touched in over a decade. I have an SB-2 that I have adjusted fairly well, but it seems to be either too responsive or… slippy I guess? The string just seems to slip off of the yoyo without the yoyo turning. I have a Roller Woody and a Sleep Machine and that’s all they do. I’m baffled. I know they used to work. I can’t even get the string to wind up on those two.
I just saw that there is now a thing called the Tom Kuhn Turbo Pad. Maybe these will solve my issues with these particular yoyos.

I’m also into music. I play guitar bass and drums, sort of sing and have recently entered the world of eurorack modular synthesis. I play all kinds of stuff from rock and prog, ambient to total experimental noise. I also enjoy building guitar pedals and synthesizer modules. I used to own a record store and was a partner in a recording studio in the 90s. Now I’m a full time pet sitter/dog walker. I like working with animals better than working with musicians and the general public in a retail setting.

Thanks for reading my long intro. I talk a lot :slight_smile:

Since you are from way back ‘then’ maybe you will remember me from ‘way back then’?

I was seriously into Customizing yoyos… back then. And I did many ‘tune-ups’ on those exact yoyos.

If you really would like those yoyos to function properly; send them to me and I will get them back is superior shape to play better than New.

You only need to ‘get them to me’. I will ‘renew’ them for no labor charge whatsoever. And I will pay for the return shipping.

I was pretty well known for ‘tweaking No Jives and Sleep machines’.

Examples of my work are displayed in the National Yoyo Museum in Chico California. Including a Roller Woodie cut for brake pads from about 15+ years ago; lolol.

Most people on this Forum dont even know me now. But the license plate on my truck doesnt say YOYODOC by accident🤓… I have a Machine Shop in my garage>>

just to ‘do things to things’ as necessary; you could say :sunglasses:

let me know… good luck regardless and welcome back. Yoing is fun. I never left. And I will most likely be around for a bit.

1 Like

Thanks Yoyodoc. I haven’t heard of you. In the mid 90’s I was off of the internet for awhile too and busy with my store. I barely remember how I got useful yoyo information back then. I remember a magazine or two, but if I recall correctly, they were cheesy.

I’d love to get those yoyos worked on. It’s great that you provide a service like that. I have some passions that I hesitate or even refuse to involve money in. I’m sure I’ll get around to sending one to you soon to see what you can do. What causes the slipping string thing? It’s strange.

Thanks for the welcome. It’s cool that there are people on here who are into all styles including fixed axle. I’m always glad to find a good community where people love to talk about their obsessions. I’m busy but I have decided to find and get together with a local yoyo club. The closest I’ve found is the Capitol Yoyo Club in the D.C. area. This is exciting. I need to get out more and this should help

2 Likes

Hey I’m Manuel(24)

I’ve always liked yoyos since I was a kid and a few years ago in high school I tried to get a bit more serious about yoyoing. The yoyo I had back then was responsive and being tight on money back then couldn’t take it much further. I just ordered a shutter galaxy and hopefully I get my self to active in this communtiy :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello !

I’m Rusty87, 29yo. I’m french and i live in Belgium.

First, I have to apologize for my english. I’m worrying not to be understood as expected.

I discovered Yoyo in 1998 or 1999 with a dark green Yomega Firestorm but it didn’t last !

Anyway, i was watching YouTube vids at random on yesterday. I found some nice ones and It seemed so fun and impressive that i could not resist and ordered one after reading tons of websites, forums, and watching contest and tutorial videos.

I ordered a silver/light blue C3 Accelerator. No idea if it will suit well but it’s affordable (for a metal one), looks good and like the specs !

Thank you for reading me and see you later on the forum !

Hey Rusty87
Your English is excellent and welcome!

Thank you Hobbyman101 !

I’m about to receive my Accelerator on thursday or friday. I can’t wait !

Actually, I had ordered a Velocity by YYF at first, but then i thought “I’m going to practice at 100%” so…

Hope I made a good choice… ;D

I love the accelerator great choice👍

Greetings! I just got back into yoyo for the third time in late December. I’m taking it seriously for the first time. Also getting into 1A for the first time. I started back before unresponsive yoyoing. My dad taught me on fixed axel plastics like the Imperial in the late 80’s. Actually I have his old Duncan in green from the late 50’s. I’ve also posted a trade in the B/S/T forum. I’m looking forward to networking with all you cats!

Hello -

Been into yoyo’s for oh - about 55 years. :slight_smile: I’m a collector of sorts, and I really appreciate yoyo’s as a machine and a piece of art.

I have some yo’s that I need help identifying, so I may be posting pictures.

Glad to find this site.

Jim

From one elder statesman to another: Welcome!
I will not be able to help identify, but, I look forward to your pic’s.