Introduce Yourself!

You got it!

Noob

I am a 50 year old beginner. My wife bought me a DV888 with unresponsive upgrade for our anniversary a couple of months ago - now I’m hooked. Hopefully I’ll be able to celebrate another anniversary after she finds out I ordered a markmont classic today!

Lol :wink: welcome!

1 Like

Welcome, welcome,welcome! Being of age myself I know how wives can react. Best advice? Get the grand-kids interested. That will make grandma happy. And most important: Have Fun!

1 Like

I’m 53 and just getting started. A friend told me about YoYoing and it looks like a lot of fun. I have beenusing a Yomega Xodus II that my friend gave me. I just bought a DV888. I can do the basic Rock the Baby, Dizzy Baby, and Man in Trapeze, but not much more.

Rick in TX

That’s a great start! If you have any questions, just let us know and we will attempt to help out the best we can! :slight_smile:

Hey rick! If you need help learning anything, let us know!

Another community! I’ve been throwing for a couple months now, and I can’t stop. I’m pretty much obsessed, but it seems like I’ve finally found a hobby where obsession doesn’t mean becoming a tuned out monster. I love it.

I am active on reddit and a Facebook group, but now I found this! Too cool.

WOW! There are more full grown kids joining our ranks. WELCOME! Have fun.

Hi everyone! I had my first yoyo back in the 90s when I was in 6th grade. It was a glow imperial and I learned how to sleep, forward pass, rock the cradle, and do a couple loops. Then one day I lost that yoyo and never got around to replacing it. Fast forward to about a month ago when I see a youtube on my ted talks showing some guy wearing a ninja costume doing these insane yoyo tricks! I rationalized it would be cool to be able to do a third of the stuff he does. I begin to look up more videos and come across Ed Haponik videos and immediately become impressed with the stuff he does with the yoyos I grew up with vs the unresponsive complexities of the modern yoyo. I have since purchased a no jive 3 in 1, a duncan butterfly, a duncan imperial, and a butterfly xt. Sadly despite my efforts the passed month I still suck! Lol! I am lookinv to get better thanks!

As long as you keep working at it and having fun it does not mater how long it takes to learn.
And: WELCOME!

Hello, new to yoyo world, they sure have changed a lot since I was a kid in the 80’s ;D I always had some interest in them but never more then a passing interest till recently. I picked up a Duncan Butterfly from the cheap bins at Target and quickly hit google to see if anything better existed. Man was I in for a shock :smiley:

From the Duncan I bought a Yoyo Factory One several weeks ago and this last week I bought a Protostar and a Replay. I know I went backwards in buying the Replay over the Pro, but I wanted at least one decent responsive throw. I’m not too great at getting the bind nor throwing a breakaway, I can get it just not proficiently.

I don’t have any friends that are into yoyoing (especially at this age) nor is there any clubs/groups within at least a couple hours drive from here. So I’m trying to learn everything I can from Youtube and figuring out what things I need to buy. So far string lots of string, but finding string has been a bit of a hassle. I have a latex allergy, and so many strings I’ve found online and want to try come with rubber bands around them. Apparently I must be the odd duck to wander into this hobby lol.

So far been having a great time, even if the majority of what I do is gravity pull, or trying to force my self to throw straight. That’s the been the biggest obstacle for me, throwing straight for some reason.

Hello everyone! Glad I found this site! I am a 28yr old with a 3yr old boy and 1yr old daughter. Recently I found my old yomega brain from 1995ish, and my son thought it was so neat. Haven’t touched yoyo’s in close to 20yrs, forgot how much fun they are.

Immediately after this, I decided I want to get into this, I looked to see what the new stuff was all about. I ordered a yomega glide and started learning some new tricks, what a great yoyo!

Recently snagged a Duncan strix and an echo 2.0. Loving the sport again and ready to advance my skills!

There is nothing wrong with “this age” try mine. And you do have friends in children who lovr yoyo’s. Have fun and welcome.

Kids make our sport even more fun.
Welcome!

Thanks! Glad to be getting into this stuff, I find myself constantly looking for the next yoyo to buy :slight_smile:

My name is Jonathan Rios, I am a Jewmexican mon. Not Caribbean, just really a Mexican Jew that likes Yo-Yo’s, I pretend Jesse Pinkman was really beat up by a Yo-Yo and not beat up by tight tight tight, or ‘he’ who doesn’t have a favorite color, I won’t mention any names because that would be snitching and I don’t want stitches.

All I can say is welcome and Happy Passover (one week early).

Hello all!

Been yoyoing (if that’s a word) for a few years now, but truly only as just a thing to do to fidget. So I mostly only used the “old fashioned” solid axle type for many years. I bought a modern yoyo a few years ago when I purchased the SPYY Addict. Which I never really learned to use until recently.

But I loved it so I started to buy some more and have been learning some more modern tricks.

So lurked on the forums for a long time, and finally decided to make an account, and here I am :slight_smile:

Greetings all, glad to be here.

• Gizz

Welcome! I am new here to and doing the same thing, buying up all sorts of yoyo’s :smiley: