Introduce Yourself!

Thanks for the warm welcomes and Iā€™ll post any questions I have! I appreciate!

Noob

If you donā€™t like them, let me know and Iā€™ll buy them from you :slight_smile:

Theyā€™re my favorite strings, and they stopped making them :frowning:

I started yoyoing 4-5 years ago and around 2years ago I stopped (the reason? I honestly donā€™t remember probably due to time and boredom). Iā€™m a senior in highschool now and since itā€™s second semester I have some free time so I thought why not. ALthough I wasnā€™t really up to date on anythign yoyo related, in the past year Iā€™ve started keeping up with the yoyo scene again and stuff like that. Iā€™m honestly really rusty and donā€™t remember much other than the basics but the basecamp expedition really caught my eye and I decided to pick one up along with the highly praised shutter which seems to be a staple in everyoneā€™s collection these days. Iā€™ve also thought of posting reviews and videos so if anyone has anything they would like to ask me or know regarding the yoyos feel free to leave a response belowwwww. :slight_smile:

You got it!

Noob

I am a 50 year old beginner. My wife bought me a DV888 with unresponsive upgrade for our anniversary a couple of months ago - now Iā€™m hooked. Hopefully Iā€™ll be able to celebrate another anniversary after she finds out I ordered a markmont classic today!

Lol :wink: welcome!

1 Like

Welcome, welcome,welcome! Being of age myself I know how wives can react. Best advice? Get the grand-kids interested. That will make grandma happy. And most important: Have Fun!

1 Like

Iā€™m 53 and just getting started. A friend told me about YoYoing and it looks like a lot of fun. I have beenusing a Yomega Xodus II that my friend gave me. I just bought a DV888. I can do the basic Rock the Baby, Dizzy Baby, and Man in Trapeze, but not much more.

Rick in TX

Thatā€™s a great start! If you have any questions, just let us know and we will attempt to help out the best we can! :slight_smile:

Hey rick! If you need help learning anything, let us know!

Another community! Iā€™ve been throwing for a couple months now, and I canā€™t stop. Iā€™m pretty much obsessed, but it seems like Iā€™ve finally found a hobby where obsession doesnā€™t mean becoming a tuned out monster. I love it.

I am active on reddit and a Facebook group, but now I found this! Too cool.

WOW! There are more full grown kids joining our ranks. WELCOME! Have fun.

Hi everyone! I had my first yoyo back in the 90s when I was in 6th grade. It was a glow imperial and I learned how to sleep, forward pass, rock the cradle, and do a couple loops. Then one day I lost that yoyo and never got around to replacing it. Fast forward to about a month ago when I see a youtube on my ted talks showing some guy wearing a ninja costume doing these insane yoyo tricks! I rationalized it would be cool to be able to do a third of the stuff he does. I begin to look up more videos and come across Ed Haponik videos and immediately become impressed with the stuff he does with the yoyos I grew up with vs the unresponsive complexities of the modern yoyo. I have since purchased a no jive 3 in 1, a duncan butterfly, a duncan imperial, and a butterfly xt. Sadly despite my efforts the passed month I still suck! Lol! I am lookinv to get better thanks!

As long as you keep working at it and having fun it does not mater how long it takes to learn.
And: WELCOME!

Hello, new to yoyo world, they sure have changed a lot since I was a kid in the 80ā€™s ;D I always had some interest in them but never more then a passing interest till recently. I picked up a Duncan Butterfly from the cheap bins at Target and quickly hit google to see if anything better existed. Man was I in for a shock :smiley:

From the Duncan I bought a Yoyo Factory One several weeks ago and this last week I bought a Protostar and a Replay. I know I went backwards in buying the Replay over the Pro, but I wanted at least one decent responsive throw. Iā€™m not too great at getting the bind nor throwing a breakaway, I can get it just not proficiently.

I donā€™t have any friends that are into yoyoing (especially at this age) nor is there any clubs/groups within at least a couple hours drive from here. So Iā€™m trying to learn everything I can from Youtube and figuring out what things I need to buy. So far string lots of string, but finding string has been a bit of a hassle. I have a latex allergy, and so many strings Iā€™ve found online and want to try come with rubber bands around them. Apparently I must be the odd duck to wander into this hobby lol.

So far been having a great time, even if the majority of what I do is gravity pull, or trying to force my self to throw straight. Thatā€™s the been the biggest obstacle for me, throwing straight for some reason.

Hello everyone! Glad I found this site! I am a 28yr old with a 3yr old boy and 1yr old daughter. Recently I found my old yomega brain from 1995ish, and my son thought it was so neat. Havenā€™t touched yoyoā€™s in close to 20yrs, forgot how much fun they are.

Immediately after this, I decided I want to get into this, I looked to see what the new stuff was all about. I ordered a yomega glide and started learning some new tricks, what a great yoyo!

Recently snagged a Duncan strix and an echo 2.0. Loving the sport again and ready to advance my skills!

There is nothing wrong with ā€œthis ageā€ try mine. And you do have friends in children who lovr yoyoā€™s. Have fun and welcome.

Kids make our sport even more fun.
Welcome!

Thanks! Glad to be getting into this stuff, I find myself constantly looking for the next yoyo to buy :slight_smile:

My name is Jonathan Rios, I am a Jewmexican mon. Not Caribbean, just really a Mexican Jew that likes Yo-Yoā€™s, I pretend Jesse Pinkman was really beat up by a Yo-Yo and not beat up by tight tight tight, or ā€˜heā€™ who doesnā€™t have a favorite color, I wonā€™t mention any names because that would be snitching and I donā€™t want stitches.