Introduce Yourself!

You picked the right site! Welcome!

Hello, my name is Ray and I am rather old for a Yoyoer at 39 but hey why stop. I first started at 23 with a free yoyo. From there my favorite company became yoyojam, and my favorite yo was the x-con but much love to André. I took 7 years off from the hobby but got back into it a year ago. Sad to see yoyojam go but one drop is my new favorite company and the Markmont Classic is my regular yo.

39 is not old! There a many of us “old folks” throwing and having fun. WELCOME!

Hello, looking to get a yoyo for my son and looks like I’m gonna get one also…looking at the DV888 and Yeti 2.0…he’s 14…he’s familiar with responsive yoyo so want to get him a unresponsive one now to challenge him (and me). I like the DV888 for him and the Yeti 2.0 for me (and that it shares the same name as a MTB brand…I like to MTB.) Anyway, look forward to talking to you guys/gals soon.

Yoyoing is best when shared with a kid. Welcome and have fun.

1 Like

Hello and welcome

Be sure to check out the many awesome YouTube creators who teach tricks and talk yo-yo.

YoyoExpert’s channel is a great place to start!

Hi everyone! My name is Steve, I’ve been out of throwing for a while and caught the bug when I was cleaning my room and found all my old collection. I did some maintenance because they had been sitting for a while and just picked it right back up. I bought a big Dipper to see what the newer stuff felt like and have bought a few more throws since.

I look forward to chatting with everyone. I’ve been browsing the forum for a while (during downtime at work lol) and it looks like a good unity you have here.

Greeting all

My name (at least here and on thrower reddit) is SirMoYo. I have only been throwing now for a few months and absolutely love it. I am terrible but it is a lot of fun. My favorite trick? Anything that does not end in a horrific knot (cause I can knot it up with the best of them).

Anyway, I am really glad to have found this forum and look forward to learning from all you folks who actually know what you are doing :slight_smile:

You do not have to ever be good just as long as you are having fun. Welcome!

Hey guys my name is Gabriel. My favourite yoyo is the igloo. I love any ticks that involves chopstick mounts.

yoyoexpert you rock!

Hey guys whats goin on my name is Stefan, I’m from Sweden and I’ve found this forum recently! I’m a beginner and I hope to learn a lot from you guys!

There is a lot to learn here and it is all good. WELCOME!

Hey all! My name is Paul, I used to post on Dave’s Skill Toys and then YoyoNation once that closed down. I posted under “Paul Z”. I was huge into trading, and had over 100 trades on YYN :stuck_out_tongue:

Since YYN Closed, ive been out of the loop, and finished college/had adult stuff to do.

I recently bought a house and moved all my stuff over from storage and found my yoyo case. Ive always kept one or two floating around but never really was “into it” as I have lots of other hobbies and way less time now.

Anyway, in case anyone remembers me (I had a bit of a collection going, ill post some pics and maybe some for sale threads soon to wittle it down a bit)

anyway, Its great to be back in and Id love to meet some new people, especially in my area. I used to throw w ppl at college and kind of lost the mojo when they all moved away.

Im sure ill recognize a few of you down the line!

In case anyone remembers, I was the crazy guy that had Frank do this to a zzzip-fly and a hitman XD

http://www.yoyomuseum.com/museum_view.php?action=view&subaction=exhibit&exhibitid=988

1 Like

Hey Paul! Good to see you again.

Hello everyone I’m brand new to the yoyo scene with the equipment to grow 1,2,3,4 and 5A
I bought an “echo 2” unresponsive as my first and immediately fell in love.
Now a week later I just got my “aeronaut”
And within the week I should be getting 2 “Ex Machina”
2 “clash 44”
And an “origami”

I’m just starting out and excited to do cool things

Welcome!

Just picking things back up at age 30. I played quite a bit when I was 14-15, always into string tricks for sure. I used a lot of Yomega products then because I didn’t know a ton about all types of yoyos. Not that Yomega is a bad product or anything, after reading up I am just learning there are a ton of different ones out there. I got myself a Raider to get back into stuff. That was my precious favorite and I used to be able to pull off some decent string tricks with it, although I’m learning I’ll need something a little less responsive and to learn to bind to get longer tricks in. I also have a Maverick on the way as well as a YYF Velocity. I got myself some Toxic Dragon strings and thick lube as well. Just wondering ab anymore tips or tricks for starting back up? I appreciate it!

Welcome back to the throw. Just look in the learn section here, it will keep you busy for a long while. And have fun.

Welcome back!

And I have to ask…where did you find the Toxic Dragon strings?

My tip is to yo-yo everyday. I keep a yo-yo in my car so I can play before I start my shift and during my lunch break. Also try not to get discouraged if you feel like you’re not constantly making progress. It’s better to compare yourself month to month instead of week to week or day to day. I would start with the tricks in the learn section on this site. Also don’t be afraid to ask questions on here if you get stuck. I find posting videos of myself on here when I need help is very beneficial. I bought a tripod, phone mount, and head mount for a gopro on Amazon. I also bought a used GoPro on eBay.