Introduce Yourself!

Hello! My name is Marcin. I used to practice yoyoing in the past, but I gave it up almost 5 years ago. Now I am trying to get back and I thought yoyoexpert forum is a good place to start! I hope to never give up yoyoing ever again.

The Forum is a good place to start back. Welcome.

Hello, I’m a fan of Larry Sayco. Living in Rhode Island I have to be. I’m always interested in finding Saycos.

Hi! My name is Ed, and im from the UK. I have way too many ambitions, but the more acheivable ones are to enter the UK Nationals and to get sponsored by MagicYoyo (someday hopefully :p) Im alright I suppose. I want to be like Markus Koh, Brandon Vu and Hiroyuki ect. The list is endless. Im currently having trouble with speed combos and frontstyle horizontal.

Work on that list one by one and I am sure you will make it. WELCOME!

Hello, My name is John Wilbanks, I have been yo-yoing for 4 years now. some of my favorite throws are the yyf protostar, the yyj go big, and the yyf shutter. I enjoy making up my own tricks and yo-yoing with other people. I have never been to a contest but i would like to.

Hi!
My name is Chris and I’m a mediocre thrower on the best of days, although I do aspire to constantly improve! I’m mostly here for the BST aspect of things, but I may stick around and talk to others about throws, tricks, and other stuff related to yoyos!

Hi~ I’m starting to play again since some time ago and I’m trying to get better and better, my actual yoys are: DV888, Dark Magic II, two Raider EX, Yomega HyperWarp from (1989 gift), Silver Bullet 2 (1998 gift) and my newer yoyo that is coming soon, magicyoyo SKYVA.

I have been practicing mostly 1A and a bit of 2A, having lots of fun but sadly where I come from there aren’t many thowers, which is sad

Hello World!
I am a beginner thrower and I mostly do 2a. I was introduced to yoyoing by my cousin Jordan Shen (He was sponsered by KingYoStar Canada… RIP) when I was Kindergarten. Only now have I started to yoyo more seriously. I am excited to be with such a great community!

Hi, my name is Zaheer Khan, from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and I’m 16 years old. I started yoyoing when I was 10 years old with my Yomega Power Brain XP Wing. I placed first in Sport Ladder at Eastern Canadian Regionals 2015, and first in Sport Ladder at Canadian Nationals 2016. I find yoyoing to be a creative outlet and a unique type of art for all ages. Glad to be part of the community!

Hey, I’m Mitchell. Throwing from Jacksonville Florida. Quickly learning my 1A stuff. Looking forward to joining the community and learning alot

1 Like

I spent some time in Jacksonville. Great town. Go luck with your new lifetime hobby.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi!

So, I was into yoyo back in the mid-late 90s when I was a kid and then a little here and there since then. I’ve always enjoyed throwing a yoyo around, but nothing serious. Mostly just used cheap Duncan imperials, although I have a few wooden BC yoyos that always just felt great. I’ve used them sparingly since BC went under.

I decided to pick it back up about a month ago and attempt some progression once I brushed the rust off. I’m almost back to where I was as a kid and I picked up a YYF Fast 201 and a Duncan Pro Z to help me get there. I’ve been using my trusty Duncan Imperials and my BC Classic to practice looping stuff (used to be my forte) and I’m getting into string tricks. I’ve got an old Yomega Powerspin and a Spintastics Technic hanging around, too, but for whatever reason haven’t been using them much.

I just grabbed a YYF Loop 360, a YYF One and a YYF Legend to round out some new throws. Once I get some of this stuff down and start getting into intermediate/advanced stuff, what else should I be looking in to? I’ve grabbed a 5 pack of 100% polyester string and that’s been great so far (very durable and smooth), but I noticed there’s tons of different brands. Any string recommendations?

Once again, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I look forward to being part of this forum.

You’ll eventually want to get a metal yoyo with a good bearing and eventually more string. :slight_smile:

There are so many out there now a days that are pretty much all solid players so hard to go wrong.

Welcome to the forum. One big change you will enjoy are all the amazing resources available now to help you learn any kind of style you are interested in, this site being one of them.

Many thanks!

Pre internet, it was kind of a barren wasteland. I was of the belief as a kid that yoyos with ball bearings etc… was cheating, so I tried to stick to tried and true stuff, but as an adult I recognize that the easier it is to do the tricks, the more amazing stuff you can do and the more fun you can have.

I still love walking around just tossing a regular yoyo, its my stress reliever. Has been for a long time.

Hi there!
I’m PolyCelcon
I’m from the Netherlands.
I’ve chosen this name because I prefer and admire polymer(plastic) yoyo’s,especially the injection moulded celcon YYJ ones.They play great,and are great value for money.

I (probably) have been throwing at or before 2008.
Ive been in and out of the yoyo scene,but Ive restarted a few days ago again.

I’ve experienced the downfall of yoyonation and Yoyo*,and the influx of East asian/chinese yoyo’s,causing the stagnation and sales of innovation of the “A” brands,and yoyo manufacturers in general.
And maybe the whole yoyo scene has decreased the last years I think.

I recently got back into throwing because it’s relaxing,stress relieving even.

With all the forums/communities closing down and stuff,I hope this is the place to continue yoyo related stuff for a long time.

:wink:

I agree 100% on the stress relief. Its infinitely better for you to go outside and toss a yoyo around than it is to scream at a coworker/drink at lunch. This forum seems to be a solid resource.

Hell yeah man,seconding that.

I see you like 2a,A long time ago I used to be able to looping two handedly with my YYJ sunset trajectory NXG,I lost this skill long time ago(not everything stays with you like riding a bike)
One of the 2a yoyo’s is also gone.
What do you use/prefer for 2A?

I had a Yomega Raider that I liked a lot. I never got into 2 handed for whatever reason, but the raider was easy to loop with. I had a couple of wooden bc yo-yo that I liked for looping, too. The spitfire particularly.