Customer Service      FAQ      Email Sign Up      My Account      View Cart     
YoYoExpert Forums
March 23, 2017, 03:10:58 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Forums!  Try out our new and improved chat room!

Home   Chat Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 380 381 382 [383] 384   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce Yourself!  (Read 1112314 times)
hobbyman101
Trade Count: (3)

United States United States

Fav. Yo-Yo: 1960s Butterfly, Torque
Fav. Trick: Plastic Whip followed by a one hand bind.

Thank You
-Given: 159
-Receive: 162

View Profile Email
« Reply #5730 on: February 18, 2017, 05:36:51 PM »

Hello, my name is Ray and I am rather old for a Yoyoer at 39 but hey why stop. I first started at 23 with a free yoyo. From there my favorite company became yoyojam, and my favorite yo was the x-con but much love to André. I took 7 years off from the hobby but got back into it a year ago. Sad to see yoyojam go but one drop is my new favorite company and the Markmont Classic is my regular yo.

Sent from my iPhone using YoYoExpert

39 is not old! There a many of us "old folks" throwing and having fun. WELCOME!
650b
Trade Count: (0)

Fav. Yo-Yo: maybe dv888 or cltw yeti 2.0

Thank You
-Given: 1
-Receive: 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #5731 on: February 25, 2017, 05:08:47 PM »

Hello, looking to get a yoyo for my son and looks like I'm gonna get one also..looking at the DV888 and Yeti 2.0..he's 14..he's familiar with responsive yoyo so want to get him a unresponsive one now to challenge him (and me).  I like the DV888 for him and the Yeti 2.0 for me (and that it shares the same name as a MTB brand..I like to MTB.)  Anyway, look forward to talking to you guys/gals soon.
hobbyman101

Thank You

View Profile Email
« Reply #5732 on: February 26, 2017, 08:30:44 AM »

Hello, looking to get a yoyo for my son and looks like I'm gonna get one also..looking at the DV888 and Yeti 2.0..he's 14..he's familiar with responsive yoyo so want to get him a unresponsive one now to challenge him (and me).  I like the DV888 for him and the Yeti 2.0 for me (and that it shares the same name as a MTB brand..I like to MTB.)  Anyway, look forward to talking to you guys/gals soon.
Yoyoing is best when shared with a kid.  Welcome and have fun.
Tvelto

Fav. Yo-Yo: OneDrop Vanguard
Fav. Trick: Rewind

Thank You
-Given: 19
-Receive: 15

View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: February 26, 2017, 10:53:43 PM »

Hello and welcome

Be sure to check out the many awesome YouTube creators who teach tricks and talk yo-yo.

YoyoExpert's channel is a great place to start!
SteveOnDrums

Fav. Yo-Yo: Spyder or Musashi
Fav. Trick: anything i can pull off...

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 2

View Profile Email
« Reply #5734 on: March 02, 2017, 06:16:49 PM »

Hi everyone! My name is Steve, I've been out of throwing for a while and caught the bug when I was cleaning my room and found all my old collection. I did some maintenance because they had been sitting for a while and just picked it right back up. I bought a big Dipper to see what the newer stuff felt like and have bought a few more throws since.

I look forward to chatting with everyone. I've been browsing the forum for a while (during downtime at work lol) and it looks like a good unity you have here.

Sent from my XT1585 using YoYoExpert mobile app

SirMoYo
Trade Count: (1)

Fav. Yo-Yo: Firrox
Fav. Trick: Cold Fusion

Thank You
-Given: 2

View Profile Email
« Reply #5735 on: March 03, 2017, 02:57:52 PM »

Greeting all

My name (at least here and on thrower reddit) is SirMoYo. I have only been throwing now for a few months and absolutely love it. I am terrible but it is a lot of fun.  My favorite trick? Anything that does not end in a horrific knot (cause I can knot it up with the best of them).

Anyway, I am really glad to have found this forum and look forward to learning from all you folks who actually know what you are doing  Smiley
hobbyman101

Thank You

View Profile Email
« Reply #5736 on: March 04, 2017, 08:40:20 AM »

Greeting all

My name (at least here and on thrower reddit) is SirMoYo. I have only been throwing now for a few months and absolutely love it. I am terrible but it is a lot of fun.  My favorite trick? Anything that does not end in a horrific knot (cause I can knot it up with the best of them).

Anyway, I am really glad to have found this forum and look forward to learning from all you folks who actually know what you are doing  Smiley

You do not have to ever be good just as long as you are having fun.  Welcome!
Gabriel
Trade Count: (1)

Australia Australia

Fav. Yo-Yo: Compass or igloo
Fav. Trick: jade wipe

Thank You
-Given: 33
-Receive: 2

View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: March 07, 2017, 05:04:38 AM »

Hey guys my name is Gabriel. My favourite yoyo is the igloo. I love any ticks that involves chopstick mounts.

yoyoexpert you rock!
YoStefanYo

Sweden Sweden

Fav. Yo-Yo: YoYo Factory
Fav. Trick: Double or nothin

Thank You

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5738 on: March 10, 2017, 04:13:04 AM »

Hey guys whats goin on my name is Stefan, I'm from Sweden and I've found this forum recently! I'm a beginner and I hope to learn a lot from you guys!

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. Joseph Campbell
hobbyman101

Thank You

View Profile Email
« Reply #5739 on: March 10, 2017, 08:45:04 AM »

Hey guys whats goin on my name is Stefan, I'm from Sweden and I've found this forum recently! I'm a beginner and I hope to learn a lot from you guys!
There is a lot to learn here and it is all good. WELCOME!
Paul

Fav. Yo-Yo: The Next One!
Fav. Trick: Hit a half court shot off string once. Shattered the yoyo. Worth it.

Thank You
-Receive: 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #5740 on: March 11, 2017, 03:10:18 PM »

Hey all! My name is Paul, I used to post on Dave's Skill Toys and then YoyoNation once that closed down. I posted under "Paul Z". I was huge into trading, and had over 100 trades on YYN Tongue

Since YYN Closed, ive been out of the loop, and finished college/had adult stuff to do.

I recently bought a house and moved all my stuff over from storage and found my yoyo case. Ive always kept one or two floating around but never really was "into it" as I have lots of other hobbies and way less time now.

Anyway, in case anyone remembers me (I had a bit of a collection going, ill post some pics and maybe some for sale threads soon to wittle it down a bit)

anyway, Its great to be back in and Id love to meet some new people, especially in my area. I used to throw w ppl at college and kind of lost the mojo when they all moved away.

Im sure ill recognize a few of you down the line!

In case anyone remembers, I was the crazy guy that had Frank do this to a zzzip-fly and a hitman XD

http://www.yoyomuseum.com/museum_view.php?action=view&subaction=exhibit&exhibitid=988

Used to post as Paul Z on YYN and Daves Skilltoys forums Tongue
skitrz
Trade Count: (2)

Thank You
-Given: 151
-Receive: 903

View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: March 11, 2017, 03:35:07 PM »

Hey Paul! Good to see you again.

VeganGargoyle

Fav. Yo-Yo: Unresponsive
Fav. Trick: UFO

Thank You

View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: March 16, 2017, 08:00:11 PM »

Hello everyone I'm brand new to the yoyo scene with the equipment to grow 1,2,3,4 and 5A
I bought an "echo 2" unresponsive as my first and immediately fell in love.
Now a week later I just got my "aeronaut"
And within the week I should be getting 2  "Ex Machina"
2 "clash 44"
And an "origami"

I'm just starting out and excited to do cool things

Paul

Fav. Yo-Yo: The Next One!
Fav. Trick: Hit a half court shot off string once. Shattered the yoyo. Worth it.

Thank You
-Receive: 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #5743 on: March 16, 2017, 08:03:22 PM »

Hello everyone I'm brand new to the yoyo scene with the equipment to grow 1,2,3,4 and 5A
I bought an "echo 2" unresponsive as my first and immediately fell in love.
Now a week later I just got my "aeronaut"
And within the week I should be getting 2  "Ex Machina"
2 "clash 44"
And an "origami"

I'm just starting out and excited to do cool things

Welcome!

Used to post as Paul Z on YYN and Daves Skilltoys forums Tongue
bthomas470

Fav. Yo-Yo: Yomega Raider
Fav. Trick: Braintwister

Thank You

View Profile Email
« Reply #5744 on: March 17, 2017, 07:14:16 AM »

Just picking things back up at age 30. I played quite a bit when I was 14-15, always into string tricks for sure. I used a lot of Yomega products then because I didn't know a ton about all types of yoyos. Not that Yomega is a bad product or anything, after reading up I am just learning there are a ton of different ones out there. I got myself a Raider to get back into stuff. That was my precious favorite and I used to be able to pull off some decent string tricks with it, although I'm learning I'll need something a little less responsive and to learn to bind to get longer tricks in. I also have a Maverick on the way as well as a YYF Velocity. I got myself some Toxic Dragon strings and thick lube as well. Just wondering ab anymore tips or tricks for starting back up? I appreciate it!
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 380 381 382 [383] 384   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: