Introduce Yourself!

Hello, my name is John and I’m very old but who cares I want to learn to yo yo. Any help would be great. I am searching for a biginner yo yo. I’m looking forward to learning as much as possible.

oops

I do not know what “very old” is but this old man (who’s beginner throw was a wood axle Butterfly)says WELCOME to the throw. There are many inexpensive throws such as ONE or CLASSIC or SPEED-A-HOLIC that are good learning tools. Also the tutorials here a excellent.

I am a yoyoer in NH. I have been yoyoing for 5 months. I have won the MA states yoyo contest for trick ladder intermediate level. I love yoyoing ,origami and juggling.I do 4a 1a 2a 3a 5a double dragons and I would do 9a if I had the right yoyo. My favorite player is Gentry Stine. Thats all I have to say.

Hello! My name is Dat and i am a Vietnamese yoyoer. I started yoyoing 1 year ago and I have had 4 yoyos, 1 horizon, 1 replay pro, 1 loop 360 and 1 starter yoyo from the Auldey. I can play 1a and 5a

Hey all! Its been a long while since I’ve posted on here. I just thought I would introduce myself again for the people who may not recognize me. My name is Darren Tan, and I am now on team ART. I used to post semi-frequently on the forums, but I got busy with school and yoyoing itself haha. I’m not saying I’m gonna start posting here 24/7, but I’ll try to check the forum out every once in a while haha. Also if any of you are going to SEC this Saturday, please feel free to come up to me and strike up a conversation!

And here is my freestyle from last year’s SEC so you can see how I throw:

Hi there! I restarted learning tricks after what I call an ‘accident’ at home: The pile of cardboard boxes that contained all the obsolete stuff that was vaulted(of course that includes my toys) fell off and barfed all the things inside. During the cleanup, I found my long-lost Auldey Photon and Super Photon. These were my most beloved and expensive yo-yos back when I was in 2nd grade. I picked them up and did a couple of throws… And they are still fully functional (except the fact that the axle and the bearing were fixed to one of the halves by the rust)! After all these days without them, the desire to master the skills were still inside me. I went online and ordered a YYF Plastic Grind Machine just for the hub stacks. It’s been a month since then and I am progressing at a steady speed. Nice to meet you all in this awesome forum! 谢谢! (*grins in Chinese and runs away)

I’m not a yoyo person, tho I enjoy watching folks who are. This site was recommended to me. I’m trying to find out the best way to sell an old yoyo. I’m down-sizing to move into a tiny home and slowly culling items. I have an old yoyo that belonged to my dad when he was a kid in the 1920s-30s. I wanted to find it a good home with someone who loves yoyos, but have no idea where to start so I thought I’d ask the experts. ???

Hi. I know there are a few yo-yo museums. Some old ones can be valuable. Do some research on it. Maybe post a photo of it here! I’d keep it as an heirloom since your dad probably spent a lot of time with it. Sentimental value and whatnot.

Welcome. If you look at this site long enough you will get hooked and may even want to keep your dads yoyo. I am sure it does not take up that much room.
But if you do not wish to keep it please tell us:
Any idea who made it? Or does it have any distinctive markings?
Again welcome!

Hey! I’m Greg. I’ve been yoyoing for 4 years, and have been buying stuff off YoyoExpert for basically that whole time, which is why I was very surprised to find there was a forum section that I didn’t pay any mind to! I play with oversized and relatively wide yoyos (fav dimensions: 59mm diameter, 55mm width, 63 grams). This is why the Yoyofficer Nifty is one of my favourite throws for a good contest, and I suggest you get one and give it a go.
The forums seem like a really kind community, and I appreciate that. So hello!

Hey Greg! Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: Is it difficult for you to find yoyos that size? Seems pretty large overall.

My name is dario I been throwing for about five months I am 26 years old I have a daughter and a son on the way I’m new to the forums and I would like to meet all of you hit me up if you like I am always down to talk. I join the forums today because I was evicted from my house with my wife and daughter and I’m trying to sell some yo-yos I didn’t want it to have to come to that but we need the money and I’ve also found out this is a pretty cool place to come and see what people have to say what’s floating around on the web.hope to talk to y’all soon

Welcome Dario.
Congrates on the baby who is on the way. Just wait till you daughter and later your son get interested in throwing. Then the fun begins.
And once again: Welcome and keep on throwin’.

hi my name is henry, im new to yoyoing, started and got my first yoyo about 1 month ago, my first yoyo was werrd sentinal, and its been playing great.

Peace… - Woody

Hello, I know it’s been a while some you posted this. But I just saw it today and did not see a reply to your question about lube and responsiveness. For the most part, you really OMG need to lube the bearing. There are two kinds of lube, thick and thin. Thin is for non responsive yoyos and thick for responsive. But if you decide to use lube, you really only need a pin drop worth of lube. Too much lube will cause resistance in the bearing and thus causing it to snap back. I always use a dry bearing unless it gets dirty or seems to act differently than normal. It is only the that I use the tiniest amount of lube.
As for the bearing you already lubed, you might have to use it for a while to break down the lube and it will become unresponsive again.
I hope this helps. You may have figured this out already. But I just wanted to reply just in case. I hope you are still enjoying the sport/hobby. Welcome to the group!

Peace… - Woody

Ahoy hoy! My name is Luna, you can call me Lulu. I’m rather new to yo-yos though I did have one when I was much younger, I think. Right now I’m learning 4a and 5a as well as unresponsive 1a. Just want to cover all my bases :wink:

Current Kit:
YYF Flight
YYF Shutter
Duncan Freehand Pro

Welcome Lulu! Sounds like you are off to a good start so far! If you have any questions, don’t be afraid to ask. :slight_smile:

HELLO! I’m Alex and I have been yoyoing for 2.5-3 years now (I don’t remember exactly when I started) and I use yoyos as an expression and outlet for anything really, I have trouble making new tricks because there is nobody that yoyos around where I live, one day I would love to be sponsored NOT just for yoyos but to promote and spread the joys of yoyoing. Some of my favorite yoyo players consist of Jensen Kimmit, Charles Haycock, Evan Nagao, Ricardo Fraolini, Kris Toledo, and MANY MORE but I cannot think of them. I still am having trouble finding a style that suits me, but my inspirations are my emotions and the players of the community, so I guess my style change as here and there. But yup. That’s really it about me. I’m an NC player and I wish to go to competitions to make new friends and expand my knowledge and skill after graduation this year!