Introduce Yourself!

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi!

So, I was into yoyo back in the mid-late 90s when I was a kid and then a little here and there since then. I’ve always enjoyed throwing a yoyo around, but nothing serious. Mostly just used cheap Duncan imperials, although I have a few wooden BC yoyos that always just felt great. I’ve used them sparingly since BC went under.

I decided to pick it back up about a month ago and attempt some progression once I brushed the rust off. I’m almost back to where I was as a kid and I picked up a YYF Fast 201 and a Duncan Pro Z to help me get there. I’ve been using my trusty Duncan Imperials and my BC Classic to practice looping stuff (used to be my forte) and I’m getting into string tricks. I’ve got an old Yomega Powerspin and a Spintastics Technic hanging around, too, but for whatever reason haven’t been using them much.

I just grabbed a YYF Loop 360, a YYF One and a YYF Legend to round out some new throws. Once I get some of this stuff down and start getting into intermediate/advanced stuff, what else should I be looking in to? I’ve grabbed a 5 pack of 100% polyester string and that’s been great so far (very durable and smooth), but I noticed there’s tons of different brands. Any string recommendations?

Once again, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I look forward to being part of this forum.