Introduce Yourself!

How do I delete posts? I’ve already introduced myself…

Hello everyone! For our anniversary this year my wife got me a yo yo because she knew that I had been wanting one for a while. I used to mess around with one in middle school when it was still a fad, and I always thought it was fun and missed it. I think I had a yomega brain back then.

I just got a new yomega raider and I’m enjoying it except for the fact that it becomes unresponsive about five minutes after I lube it (I have some responsive lube from yoyofactory). That’s the main reason I discovered this website–I wanted to ask someone if they knew why that keeps happening.

Beyond that question, I am really excited to have an account here. I would really like to make this a serious hobby and from what I have seen, this community is quite friendly and chill.

Blessings,
Dyn

Hi I’m winter from Quebec canada
Started the yoyo about 2 months . I own 3 yoyos , a dark magic ,a dv888 and a one x.
I know all the tricks in the beginner section. I’m now at split the atom

Hi bro, i’m from Québec also! Where do you live in qc exactly? Because if you live near the mtl region, you can go in our yoyo meets.

Québec cit

Lac st Charles plus précisement

Maybe its a little too far in this case. But i think there is a facebook groupe for yoyoers around quebec city.

Now all you have to do is get your wife to start throwing. WELCOME!

Do you have the addresse of the Facebook page ?

Hey everyone! My name is Will, I’m 22 next week and come from the UK. I’ve tried to yoyo in the past, but only with cheap ones you’d get from the supermarket and I never really researched how to do it properly. Recently I’ve been looking for something to keep my hands occupied and looked into yoyos. After watching some YouTube videos and doing a bit of research, I decided to get a Fast 201 as my first yoyo. I’ve never been able to properly throw a yoyo so really excited to see how I do!

Hello fellows yo’rs.I’m 46 and just picked it up a few months ago.
I’m addicted to buying yoyo’s,my most expensive is a Kuhn that was around $35.Bunch of YYF plastics,YYJ Dark Magic,Vigilante and cracked X-Con.Some Yomega,nothing really expensive.I actually like the Magicyoyo’s.Some wobble,but some are really good for cheap.
I learned to bind and do a few tricks,but always learning.
Nice to be here! :slight_smile:

There are two yoyo addictions. Buying and throwing. Both are habit forming and FUN.
Welcome!

Got 3 coming today.
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome to the forums! It’s a great time to get into throwing. There are so many helpful people and resources available. Have fun!

Hi!

My name is David. I run a YouTube channel called Yoyo 101. Originally my main practice was 4a yoyoing, but recently I have devoted my playing to 1a. I love to teach those who want to learn, so if you need help figuring out a trick, let me know, and I will do my best to clear it up for you!

Yoyo on!

Hello! My name is Jason, I’m 38, and I’m new fairly new to yo-yoing, unless you count some fond memories of walking the dog and shooting the moon with a glow-in-the-dark Duncan Imperial as a kid. I decided to pick it back up as a way to burn off some stress, and after picking up a Duncan Butterfly and Butterfly XL from a local toy store, I know I definitely want to pursue it further. I’m leaning heavily toward wooden fixed axle play as I start out. I’m drooling over Tom Kuhn’s No Jives, but can’t find one available anywhere. :’( I’m also liking what I see from Hildy Bros., TMBR and O.U.T. Sadly, there isn’t much of an active online presence surrounding them, and most of them are sold out. If anyone else is a wood fixie player or has the scoop on them or any other wood makers, feel free to message me. Thanks!

Welcome Jason! You will find many here who enjoy fixed axles. I am not very good at either Fixed or bearing play but I enjoy collecting and using fixed axles particularly since my very first throw was a wood Butterfly back in the day when they were available in any Dime store.

Hey everyone, I’m Risto and just getting into some yo-yoing. I believe life is to short not to have serious play time. Have a lot of big boy toys I like to play with. The last kid toy competition I was into was flying competition quad line Rev. kites. Unfortunately where I now live the wind sucks. Watching where the yoyo sport and technology has gone in the last ten years, just looks like way too much fun to be missing out on.

So I bought some new throws and I’m on my way. I almost forgot, I play bass and electric guitar, keyboards, and I compose music. It’s somewhere between 60’s psychedelic rock, hard alternative, and new age. Think about what a mind parasite would sound like. Looking forward to creating some new music to bring my yoyo to life, that is after I have had some time to build my skill set. Also enjoying read your comments.

YoRisto

As an older thrower and an X-pro musician all I can say is; WELCOME!

1 Like

Funny how some things just go so well together! I’m an ex-performer and currently a HS music teacher. Welcome!

1 Like