Introduce Yourself!

You might want to try the Buy/Sell?Trade area of this forum. this area is mostly for those introducing themselves about getting into yo-yoing .Either way, Try the B/S/T thread you will a lot of people there. And you can always learn to yoyo it is a fun and interesting hobby and sport.

Hi.
I’m a 45 yrs old dad and this summer 2015 we gave our kids some yoyos. They played whit them for a day and lost interest. I tried one to and for some reason i couldn’t put it down again.
I ordered some yoyo’s from the internet. In Sweden there is no yoyo scene what i know of.

Any ways , i ended up buying a few Yoyofactory yoyo’s. ONE, Velocity and Dv888. I played whit them for a month or so and then i orderd Dark magic II and Ed Haponik signature “Play Simply” No Jive . I ordered the no jive after watching a video on Yoyoexpert whit Ed Haponik throwing it around and something happened in me when i was watching that video. It was something whit the way the yoyo was moving, the style and feeling of it all. So i just had to order the no Jive yoyo and try for my self. I’t is the only yoyo i use nowadays. It’s just wonderful and it makes me feel in a way i like and never felt before. I’m sure i will pick up the others eventually, but fixed axle play is the thing for me right now.

Azzy

Welcome! It is great to see other adults participating in our sport. I hope your kids are interested and that all of you are having fun.

Thank you for the welcome.
My plan is to order 3 good yoyo’s that are easy to use and learn on and surprise them. At the same time time i’m not sure they are that interested to be honest. I have yoyo’s and when i play they also want to try but they give up to easy. For me the problem is the other way around. If i pick the yoyo up i have problems puting it down again. Well if i get angry and frustrated then i stop. When i yoyo i want to feel relaxed and happy.
As you said. It’s all about having fun.

Azzy

some tricks can be frustrating and will make you angry. But once you learn it and get it down, its one of the best feelings in the world. Knowing your getting better and having fun doing it. Even when it makes you angry, don’t deter from it, you can do it, Just take a break and come back to it later. That’s what I do.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jim. I found this site through a simple Google search.

I played with yoyos a little in my youth. Recently, I’ve become much more interested, due to getting a crazy good deal on a Glide, which lead me to buying just a few more toys since then. :slight_smile:

I’ve very new to this and try to do my research before asking questions, but I have a lot of questions that I can’t find answers for! I’m hoping the community can give me a hand getting started and that over time I can help more people as they get started, too!

Since getting the Glide, I’ve picked up a Sage, Maverick, Crossfire, and an Xodus II. I only seem partial to Yomega, because that’s what Toys R Us had… The Glide intrigued me and I wanted to get my hands on a couple other yoyos for comparisons rather quickly.

I recommend buying maybe 2 Replay Pros From YoYoFactory here on the yoyoexpert website. Also Maybe try your hand at getting 2 ONe Stars as well from YoyoFactory. and Try out some YoYoJam Classics. They are great for beginners.
Hope I could be of some help. Message me anytime if you need help.

Hey all! My name is Mike, and I’m basically totally new to the whole yoyo scene. I actually had a few of them as a young kid, but sleep times were around 10 seconds at best, so a lot of tricks were left to be desired and I didn’t play with them often enough. Fast forward to last week when I stumbled on a video for One Drop’s DownBeat; it blew my mind so thoroughly I’m still picking up the pieces. I’ve been doing so much research lately, I have dreams about yoyos and yoyoing. And that’s how I found this gem of a site :smiley: currently I’m waiting on a YYJ Dark Magic in the mail and I mess around with my derpy Duncan Butterfly in the meantime to reinvigorate my passion for yoyoing.

Thanks everyone for this massive resource on yoyos! See you around the boards an hopefully at a comp one day!

Welcome Mike. You will like the Dark Magic. It is a great throw to learn with.

I am not an experienced yo-yo person. I really would like some help on a problem I am having with a leather yo yo I made. It does yo yo up and down for a short while, but that is about all it does. It is a solid axle and I do have a duncan string on it. At this point in time the string is knoted solid to the axle. It does work alittle better that way than when it was not solid. I have hd one person say it should not be knotted and another who said it could be. I know that the weight of each half is even, but the configuration of the halves is irreguar and wonder if that could be the problem?

I do not know about leather for a yoyo but UNTIE the knot. See the beginner portion of the learn section on this site.
BTY Welcome! And have fun.

Hi all! I am 49 and about 3 weeks ago something clicked in my mind: “get a yo-yo!” I have not had one since probably 6th grade. I went a bit overboard and now have 10 yo-yos cuz I wanted to get a feel of different ones. I not too coordinated but I practice about 2 and half hours a day and I am close to mastering the (don’t laugh) forward pass. I know, I know. It’s a big step for me and I am looking forward to practicing actual tricks. I’m not interested in showing off though, it’s more a form of therapy and I am having tons of fun practicing and seeing my coordination improve. Maybe one day I will actually perform tricks for people. Starting yo-yo was like fresh air breathed into my life. I just wish I had some yo-yo friends to get in-person tips from.

49 is a great age to get back into the sport and the Butterfly is a great throw. Now if you can only get your kids into it. Either way have fun.

My name is Jason I love to yoyo! my favorite yoyo are the horizon and the irony jpx. I am 12 years old I am going to trun 13 on October 7!

Hello! My name is Evan.

I was formerly active on the yoyo forums as SheepFarm. I had a few videos, several posts and knew MANY people, but gave up yoyoing at the age of 15 and sold ALL of my yoyos. Now, 2 years later, I’m ready to pick it up again. I just ordered my first yoyo last night to restart my yoyo life.

I hope I can be a fine part of the yoyo community!

Thank you!
Evan

Hey yo-yo community! My name is Josh Nicholson and I am 25 years old. I started yo-yoing when I was about 13. I was able to learn a few basic tricks like walk the dog, rock the baby, forward throw, etc. My brother and I use to put shows on for my dad and his co-workers and I loved it. Unfortunately I lost my yo-yo and never really found a replacement one until recently. I purchased a Duncan Metal Drifter a few months ago but I didn’t really take my yo-yoing seriously with learning new tricks until about a week ago. I decided to see if I could find some trick videos on youtube which lead me to this site. I have learned all of the tricks up to Atomic Bomb so far and I am so grateful for this site. I am not sure who the instructor is on the videos but he does a phenomenal job. Thanks to him and this site I have learned probably over 7 tricks in about a week. I have been inspired by the complexity of yo-yoing and plan on working my way through the trick list and beyond. I plan on upgrading to a Dark Magic II fairly soon because the Metal Drifter isn’t nearly as unresponsive as I would like. My favorite trick so far is probably Double or Nothing just because I enjoy looping in and out of it.

Hello everybody, My name is Dhananjay samu…Hav bin yoyooing for 5.5 months now.This is fun

My name is Pablo and i am 19 years old. I started yoyoing when i was 9 but left it soon enough… I have come back into the game and am loving it

Welcome back to the game it’s awesome to have you.

1 Like

Ann here people…love yoyoing and when a friend suggested this forum i thought why not!!!