playing responsesive vs playing unresponsive

Playing responsive can be a challenge for those that dove right into unresponsive play, but it’s important to get that basis. Honestly, responsive 5A is about the most fun I can have with a yo-yo, and that’s what it’s all about after all.

Poping tricks are a challenge, but extremely do-able. The only tricks I really have problems with are ones like plastic whip.

I pull off eli hops on my stock fh2 all the time. It just takes dedication and patience. But it is fun to watch someone go throw a sick combo then just tug the yoyo back to their hand. This topic comes up a lot. I’m surprised Ed hasn’t spoken up yet. :wink:

bahh i’d go practice with my bumble bee, but i loaned it to my sister (im trying to get her more interested in yoyoing). Hmm…maybe i could try it on my exodus…

From ed Himself:

O_O superman on WOOD!?
thats crazy.

ok then apetrunk, plastic whip, most whip tricks, laceration, suicide :slight_smile:

Did you not read this thread at all? Read what like 3 people have said Ed can do and has done on camera. Also read what “I’m conceted” said that he can do with suicides.

I consistently do whip tricks and lacerations with responsive yoyos.

i read your part then answered the question :-[

Don’t doubt responsive yoyos, I’ve lost that argument before.

i think the bottom line for me, and the reason why yo-yoing can be so great for so long… is that you can constantly push back the limits of what you believe to be ‘possible’. it seems like every day, i get to say to myself ‘i can DO that? on WOOD???’

the best players are the ones who are secure enough to realize just how much they have to learn. how far they have to go.

He hath spoken.
Thou Shall listen

Haha yes, king825 knows about that. I think he’s cool about it now though.

I kind of figured. That’s fine, just next time, might I suggest actually reading the thread? Thanks.

Haha, yeah. I think I may have been a bit rude in the last thread about this.

Long story short, just because you are not good enough to do something does not make it impossible.

sorry Apetrunk,
but do personally like responsive or unresponsive better?

I’m gaining my confidence back, don’t you worry, lol.

Ha yeah. Some of us were jerks but everything’s cool now. :smiley:

Johnny, I do like playing unresponsive, but I really do like responsive more. Makes it more fun and difficult and just feels good.

Do you think ed could do a plastic whip with my mosquito? If that thing even budges, It whacks back.

But he probably can…

Yes. Lol. Plastic Whips aren’t hard if you know what you’re doing on a responsive yoyo. He did it on a Speed Beetle in the video he made for you.

My misquito is more responsive than the speed beetle I used to have, actually…

I have now adjusted spacers in my skeeter to make it less oversensitive, and I’ll give it another whirl…

here’s a quick vid of some simple stuff (plastic whips, spirit bomb, hook, kwyjibo, elis) on a stock (2 sticker) mosquito. these are basics - none of it is hard or impressive (at all) if you really understand how to do the tricks. the caveat is that you can probably only understand the tricks if you work them out on a snappy yo-yo. this isn’t meant to be any kind of ‘look at me - i’m so great’ thing. i’m just kind of tired of responding to ‘so-and-so is impossible on a responsive yo-yo’ claims, especially since most of the videos i’ve made are responsive.

i think you should play however makes you happy. i like playing with responsive yo-yo’s, and i have A LOT of work to do before i get to the level of a lot of the guys i really admire. i do kind of think that anyone who says they can do spirit bomb or kwyjibo should be able to do them on a snappy yo-yo, but i realize that isn’t everybody’s bag. i don’t want to tell anyone else how they have to play… but i also don’t want anyone else telling me what i can’t do.

1 Like