question about binding

ok so for my birthday i got a atmosphere (didnt and for that one just what i got) and i cant bind it, i can loop the dam thing 4 times and NOTHING, i know i have to be doing something wrong. this is the first time i have had to bind a yoyo and i was wondeing if someone could give me a pointer or something. im doing, from what i can tell, exactley what he shows on the video but i cant get it to bind.

If you do not understand the video, try these videos :slight_smile:

http://www.grawrd.com/tricks/howtobind.html

http://www.highspeedyoyo.com/videos/binds

1 Like

ok so i go into a front mount from a sleeper and pull my non throw hand twards my body and release the loop into the gap but nothing happens even if i loop it 2x

Try making the loop bigger.
As you become more comfortable with that you will find yourself falling into a good rhythm and it will become second nature.

when that happens to me i repeat the process again but instead of just wrapping or pulling that loop and letting it go i wait till i feel that the yoyo snags my string ,something like that.

Just wondering, does anyone else find that fake binds get less snags?

Also, pinch the loop, just pinch, then only pull your throwhand up, like it’s responsive.

Yes. I almost always do fake binds (second nature by now) and for me it makes binding less work because it starts the bind the second that you start to move your hands to bind.

Sorry for the slow-mo. My video editing program sucks and likes to randomly change speed from one video to another. Fake binds:

ok so the biger loop thing is working out, i get it to bind like 75% of the time now after i do a trick the only problem im running into is that i get a knot 1 out of 8 binds will this go away with a smaller loop?

and what are you doing when you do a “fake” bind from the video it looks like you are just holding the bind loop up and pulling it to the side? i tryed it a cupple of time but i cant seem to get the “snag” feeling on my string.

Make sure your string tension is decent.

Pinch the string and pull up. It will start to wrap itself around the bearing. You can either continue to pull up until it binds, or start it that way, which will make a regular bind from that easier.

oooh! ok i see it starting to wrap around the bearing. i havnt got to it catch and bind yet but im sure i just need more practis at it.