H-Spin is hosting a new division at this year's EYYC: 3x3 Battle!
The European Yo-yo Contest is set to match up the greatest players in the world to determine who are the best in Europe. In the 3x3 Battle we do away with the clocks and the points and bring Europe a new take on the battle-style contest system that the most respected and underground contests have been using around the world.
Get your 3-man team signed up now! All players welcome. Send us an email stating i) name of the team ii) full name of each player iii) your slogan, e.g. "We break for nobody"
Here are the rules:
1) Each team has 3 players; no more, no less.
2) Each player gets one throw (No regenerations) to impress the audience with whatever tricks he or she can do. In the event of a knot before the yoyo is fully unwound the judge will determine if a player can re-throw.
3) After a yoyo is brought back to the hand, loses spin or leaves the stage, the next player, from the other team, throws. If the next player does not throw within 5 seconds of the last one finishing, the judge can call "Delay of game" and he will lose his turn. Turns alternate until all 6 players have each thrown once.
4) Play is open to any yoyo but is restricted to sleeper-style play (that's 1,3,4 and 5A). Sorry no 2A, turns are counted by the throw so, sadly, 2A does not fit the bill.
5) Music is chosen by the DJ and does not stop or change between players.
6) The winning team is decided by audience noise and feedback as determined by the judge.
7) Winning teams stay in competition to be matched up against other teams until all but one team has been eliminated (bracket-style) and the overall winners crowned!
Sign your team up now. Every player on the winning team will get an H- Spin Yo-yo OF THEIR CHOICE!