Anyone ever try De Anodizing a Bi Metal? Advice greatly appreciated!

So I was wondering if something like this (or even the over cleaner method) would be safe for a bimetal? I’m not really sure how stainless steel weight rings are attached, if by some sort of epoxy or just held on by friction or something, or if it would alter whatever makes the steel “stainless” because I would hate for them to rust.

Also what does this do to the aluminum? Will the aluminum get all unevenly corroded later down the line, or does this just eat the dye out of the anodized surface? If it is completely removing the anodized layer, what will become of the finish? and if it does remain, will it fade with time now that it is somewhat softer?

Also how to remove laser engravings?

Are there still trusted people that do ano jobs so I can just not worry about any of it?

laser engravings have to be sanded off I believe. I believe that stripping a bimetal would have to be done with sanding as well. or you could find a way to mask the SS rings.

Typically I dont think steel reacts with dilute alkali.

but what about whatever epoxy might be holding the rings on? Should I message a manufacturer?

What is the reasoning behind this, will the rings fall off or rust? I don’t have access to a lathe so I’m not down with sanding, not to mention I wanted to preserve the finish.

I don’t have any good answers to the question as a whole, just addressing one point:

The SS rings are not typically epoxied to the yoyo, they are press fit. I can’t think of any exceptions offhand, but I’m sure they exist. In any event, you could definitely find out if there is an epoxy to worry about by contacting the manufacturer.