Beware of Joey_Romeo.

So I had my Puffin2 up on the best and had that I really wanted to trade for an Axis Pulsefire. Then he messaged me asking if I was interested in the Pulsefire and of course I said I was. We talked about each of the yoyos conditions and then I asked him to send me pictures of the Pulsefire so he did but the first two pictures he sent me were from someone elses BST, I never relaized they weren’t his until he sent me more which were from another users BST, so I confronted him about it and said it was a second account which seemed very weird since he stole pictures from two different users and all 3 accounts were somewhat active. So I asked him to send me pictures of the box with the Pulsefire and this is where I knew he was trying to scam me, he sent me a picture of Pulsefires inside the box which had been used on another yoyo store that was also selling the Pulsefire. After that I said either send me a picture of the yoyo with a piece of paper with your username on it or i’m not trading with you, after that he never responded back to me even though hes been online and posted since then.

He has 8 positive feedback and has sold and traded before so I can’t say he was for sure scamming or not but if you plan on dealing with him make sure he actually has the yoyo.

he was for sure scamming. it’s against forum rules to have multiple accounts, and he lied on many occasions. good catch, you would have lost your puffin2 to that guy.

Well done! I was scammed before due to my naive behaviour. Good catch on this guy, he is obviously a scammer. On his B/S/T he has very low end throws, nothing as high as a Pulsefire. Joey_Romeo is most likely a lazy person who does not want to work hard enough to earn a Pulsefire but would rather scam someone to have one.
Well done! :wink:

Deleted

Hmm, I traded with him and everything was fine. He’s been asking me for advice about yoyos in general and about the forums through PM. I saw nothing wrong with him ever, but now this pops up.

Very interesting…

I’m really surprised pictures and verification codes aren’t a requirement to sell on here. Most other BST forums use these two requirements to curb scammers.

as a buyer or trader, always require pictures unless the person with whom you are trading is someone who is VERY trusted by you. no, pictures aren’t necessary to advertise, but always require that the person with whom you are dealing with shows you pictures so as to make sure that the yoyo is in the described condition and that the yoyo actually exists

EDIT: this guy just tried to trade with me and I said I’d trade for his pulsefire lmao

He wasn’t selling anything, I was the one who had a BST up and he replied to me.

Wait did he reply when you asked for his pulsefire?

Well it is official he is a scammer. I traded him a cypher and a too hot for a one drop 54. He shipped out Friday(with a tracking number) and I shipped Saturday morning. We had the same amount of feedback and he had feedback from some pretty active members (Zorro). So behold my one drop 54.

Pfff, what a loser. lol man that sucks.

That’s right he sent me this busted shutter. So now I’m going out to the garage to beat this thing with a hammer, and cry a little.

I’ve messaged him asking for an explaination. I’ll post here if he responds.

So sorry about that trade. This person is someone who lots of people know about to not end up scammed. I would either beat it with a hammer or run over it with a car if I was you.

True, still a trade should only occur with both a post-it of the name of the person you’re trading with and a picture of the product to show its condition.

If that is the case you should tell us about who these multiple accounts are.

Well that is definitely the worst looking 54 i’ve ever seen… Have you tried to contact him since the trade? Any chance he just sent you the wrong box?

We’ve looked into it and the results are inconclusive for one and definitely no for the other. I don’t want to accuse someone w/o more proof.

I have tried to contact him via email and PM. No response. I’m pretty sure he played me. This was an elaborate scam. He started out wanting to trade my cypher for the 54(should have known right then it was to good to be true). Then he decided the 54 meant to much to him(momentary thinking of not being a jerk?). Then we came to a deal after a lot of back and forth that ended up in me trading my two throws for his 54. We exchanged addresses and he had me a tracking number an hour later. He definitely played me good. Enjoy your new throws Joey, I hope it was worth it.

He’s marked his account for deletion. Looks like he’s gone. What a scum bag.

yup I called him out as being a scammer when I said I wanted his pulsefire, said id prefer that he communicate with me on his other account, to which he replied that the OP was being butthurt and that he was simply messing with the OP. I asked what reason he would have to mess with him and he didn’t respond.