2015 Battle of the Elders (30+) - People's Choice winners p23

Big congrats to everyone. Had a lot of fun with this and I am already looking forward to stepping up my game for next year.

1 Like

The judges did it again. Congratulations to all of the winners. WELL DONE!

1 Like

To anyone who has won a prize thus far (congrats!!):

I have most of your addresses already (owing to the string giveaway), but over the next few days I will be dropping you a Private Message to confirm addresses and so forth.

The prizes are physically located in different locations, so there will not be just “one box” arriving. In the case of the stuff I have in my possession, it could take as much as a couple weeks to get to you. Hold tight, all of the things will be on the way in short order!

Been loving reading the comments. You folks are awesome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I received my random draw prize pack today. Special thanks to GregP and yooldman and of course the sponsors Yoyoexpert, Ed Haponik, John Higby/yoyopeople, Hildy brothers, and Duncan.

1 Like

That’s awesome, Simyo!! Those fixie packs are so great. I’d like to join you in thanking once again yooldman, Ed Haponik, and Hildy Bros!

THE LAST EVENT! “People’s Choice” (with prizes also for People’s CHOOSERS!)

I have created a poll into which you must enter your YYE username and then make 3 selections from the list of eligible contestants.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LZQZ2NM

“1st (top) choice” is the video that ideally you would like to see as People’s Choice. 2nd is naturally your next choice, followed by 3rd. At the end of the polling period, points will be allocated according to the tier of the vote, and then whoever gets the most combined points will be the winner!

In the event of a tie, I will open a second poll with a short turnaround (no more than a few days).

There is no real criteria for voting, but naturally you should do your best to judge videos the way you would want your own video to be judged. That’s not too onerous! :slight_smile:

Each validated YYE user who has cast their vote will be eligible for a final draw! 3 lucky voters will each get a $25 gift certificate from (our gracious sponsor and host!) YoyoExpert as a way of thanking you for taking the time to watch the videos and show your love!

Contestants are encouraged to cast votes as well (and most of them would threaten grievous injury via papercut to me if I tried to exclude them). But more importantly, the voting is opened to the community at large. Watch the videos in a few sets or as a binge! Or if you’ve seen them a bunch of times and know who you are voting for, go for it!

VOTING IS NOW OPEN! ----> https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LZQZ2NM

Here are the videos!----> http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,88195.0.html (hey, if you haven’t watched the winning videos yet, you should do that while you’re at it!)

watched every one of them and voted accordingly. Thanks again everyone! You all better than you think you are. :slight_smile:

Man, those are some really good videos!
Still most impressed by old_spinner, that stuff is insane for under one year. Like really insane.
peters banger was insane.
Pretty much all the bangers were insane.

So what you’re saying is… there was a distinct lack of sanity?

Oldspinner was like a week or two away from being in the year or over category. Timing of the comp was on his side for sure. :wink:

That is a really, REALLY, nice package. Contrats!

Thanks so much man! I was pretty happy with the way it turned out :slight_smile:

absolutely on my side! I think if the comp happens again next year I will have to enlist the help of a film maker friend and focus on trying to make the best looking video instead :slight_smile:

You already got the skills so your chances are already good! haha!!
for reals tho
High Fives to all the winners! ;D
Really looking forward to next year! :slight_smile:

1 Like

awesome! just realized i got 3rd! ;D

Yes, yes you did!!

Congrats, Ed!
:smiley:

So…

Some people have registered two votes for the same person on their voting. This is despite the text available at the top of the poll:

“The polling tool will not warn you if you pick the same username twice. Please make one unique selection per question so that your answers are not disqualified.”

I do not want to disqualify answers. However, there’s no need to delete your answers either if you get to me in time. :wink: I can edit your submitted answer to reflect THREE UNIQUE CHOICES.

I hate to be picky, but it’s the only way to trust the weighting of votes. A person with the same vote in 2nd and 3rd gets the same amount of points as the single person in first. A person with 1st and either 2nd or 3rd gets an inordinate amount of “points” towards their vote.

I’m pretty sure that people are doing this either by accident or in good faith (they really just want to pull for someone they think is super-deserving!) so it’s not like I think anybody out there is a cheater-head or anything. :wink: But I do ask that you get in touch with me.

I will probably drop PMs to people when I see it happening as well, because maybe you did it totes by accident and don’t realize that you did it.

Thanks!

OOooooh Snap SON!

I hope I dont get an PM. im pretty sure i was a non offender. :wink:

You good, you good. :wink:

Look who got their first fixed axles since grade school. What a fun and rhythmic vibe! Thanks everyone involved, including sponsors, PR pushers, YYE, and the whole community!

Mad thanks everyone! For reals. Wood is Good! hahaa

Quick question, What is that lil black one? I love the weight of that one! Its just seems mysterious somehow.

Sweeeet! Glad you’re enjoying it! If I’m not mistaken, the black one is a limited edition Hildy Bros. Emmett.