WM2 vs Cascade

I have a cascade in the vilmos zoltan kiss colorway and a WM2 in the sunrise kingdom colorway. They feel very similar from a size and shape perspective, but I don’t find that they play the same at all. The WM2 has the typical fun, floaty clyw feel. I’ve always marveled at how CLYW manages to bake their signature feel into all of their designs. That said, I find it to be the least stable throw in their current lineup.

I would say the the cascade is more stable, but that elongated bell shape is not a particular stable design regardless. I find the cascade plays heavier and is much more deliberate. I think CLYW tends to execute their colors a little better. I prefer the WM2 color contrast and Gruntbull finish to the color contrast and Pyramite finish of the cascade. I find it looks, feels and grinds better. I love the side effects axle system, which is a major plus for the cascade. However, the WM2 has a really cool inner hub design that’s very unique.

My preference would be the WM2. I like the cascade, but other one drop yoyos, specifically the Markmont Classic and the '13 bench mark series get a lot more play. The WM2 on the other hand gets thrown at least every few days. One thing to note, order a ctx or a one drop 10 ball if it comes with a stock flat bearing. The CLYW stock flat bearing is awful. I’m really glad to see that CLYW has changed course and is going back to the CTX.

If it would help, I can post some side by side comparison shots later tonight.

2 Likes