YOYOFFICER JAEGER REVIEW

Good day fellow yoyoers. Have you ever felt that what is in sight is impossible to reach? That what you are looking for is a mere dream or fairy tale. Well, do I have something to tell you…

The Yoyofficer Jaeger

A Review By Evan Roberts

The Jaeger’s First Impression:
Before playing the yoyo I thought the yoyo looked a little plain to be honest. It seemed to have a “regular” shape. I had heard great things about it, but I doubted it’s potential. The color seemed to pop out at me, but everything else seemed…boring, honestly. My mind was just fixed on that and I couldn’t seem to figure out why, however, for some ironic reason I bought the Jaeger anyways…

Playing The Jaeger:
This is probably what you’re thinking: “If YOU want to win this contest, why would YOU bash the Jaeger and speak of all its flaws?” Well, do I have a story for you. The Jaeger may look like a “regular” yoyo, but it has something that a lot of yoyos do not have. This yoyo is the yoyo I’ve seen that was impossible to reach. This yoyo-when played-seems like a dream or fairy tale. I’ve never had a yoyo that ran out of spin time and not spin out. This yoyo seems to do the impossible. The yoyo plays horizontal just as well as it does vertically. The yoyo has enough weight to keep it spinning, yet enough float for it to flutter in the air. That is A RARE attribute to find. The yoyo that I recieved has some vibe, but I don’t think that changes the play too much. This yoyo brings a whole new dimension to yoyoing. Yoyofficer, in my opinion, has created a new breed of yoyos and I think that the Jaeger was one of Yoyofficers finest creations. I know I haven’t gotten to the final thoughts yet, but this yoyo is a keeper.

Final Thoughts:
There is no point in rambling on about how great this yoyo is, so this is all I have to say: “WOW!” The Jaeger definitely suprised me.

Boxing: 3/5
Paint and looks: 3/5
Durability: 5/5
Playability: 4/5

[b]Specs:
Diameter: 60.00 mm / 2.36 inches

Width: 45.76 mm / 1.80 inches

Gap Width: 4.20 mm / .16 inches

Weight: 67.0 grams

Bearing Size: CBC Center Trac

Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)

Response: YOYOFFICER Black Silicon Pad
Also Compatible W/ CBC or K-Pad (Slim Pad Size)
[/b]

So I take it you are fine with its larger size? That was the only drawback for me and the only reason I have hesitated to purchase one, because it does look beautiful and if it plays as well as you say, irregardless of its size, I’ll likely purchase one.

I love its size considering I have small hands. :stuck_out_tongue:

You said it has a center track bearing. But it doesn’t look like one in your photo?

I really like the color-ways on this yoyo. It’s on the short list for my next purchase. I have long fingers and big hands so I think I might like the size.

Yeah, you’re probably right. :slight_smile:

And yes, it is a center track bearing. At least I thought so…

That right there in that picture is clearly a flat bearing.

I’m not 100% sure, but I think all Yoyofficers at yoyoexpert comes with flat bearing. It was because some misunderstanding about Centertrac bearing patent. But next shipment to USA will use our standard string centering bearing.

My brother’s hatchet came with a center trac. I looked and his was curved like a konkave. Is there some misunderstanding???

I’m a guy who likes to make guesses. So I’mma guess:

Any yoyos sold within the U.S. featuring a non-Dif-e-Yo KonKave bearing (truly curved across the bearing’s profile) would be affected by Dif’s patent. In other words, you can’t include Chinese-made generic KK’s without a license from Dif.

However, Center Traks or even Center Trak-alikes are not subject to that patent. The flat area in the profile makes them different enough. You can include these.

I’m guessing YYO was being on the safe side, but then discovered that since they’re using CT-type bearings rather than KK-like bearings, they were fine all along and will now be including them.

Do I win? Do I win? :wink:

who do you prefer? beetween shutter, level 6 or jaeger?