Yoyofficer Hatchet Review (Review Contest)

Yoyofficer Hatchet Review

Let’s get started. ;D

Specs

Diameter: 56.00 mm / 2.20 inches
Width: 44.80 mm / 1.76 inches
Gap Width: 4.2 mm / .16 inches
Weight: 65.8 grams
Bearing Size: CBC Center Trac
Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)

Packaging

The packaging for the yoyo is a nice, classy little box that says Yoyofficer across it. The yoyo is held in there really well, so I’d say that it is very safe while it’s shipping. When I pulled it out, it came with an extra string, which is always great! Although everyone else seems to be saying that theirs came with an extra set of response pads and a bearing, mine didn’t come with any of that. But hey, the yoyo is so awesome that I don’t even care about any of that. Now, let’s get on with the juicy stuff.

Looks, Shape, and Feel

This yoyo looks AMAZING. I got the blue with silver speckle, and I’m so glad that I did because I think it’s the nicest of them all! The ano is very well done, and looks absolutely gorgeous. The Hatchet also came with a grooved CTX bearing, which made me love the yoyo even more. The shape of this yoyo is very nice and comfortable in the hand, and I have no complaint about how well this yoyo leaves my hand. The feel of it is also wonderfully smooth, and it’s great at finger, arm, and palm grinds. I used to not be able to even do a good palm grind with my other throws, but this one allowed me to accomplish it on one try!

Performance

I don’t own that many yoyos, so I don’t have a lot of comparisons to make with this yoyo, but there is one thing that I noticed when I first threw it: SO LIGHT. It amazed me at how light this yoyo was, and whenever the yoyo left my hand or went in the air, I seemed to hang up there for a while. And because it’s so light, you can effortlessly throw this thing without having to take a break and loosen up your exhausted arm :P. It also gives me the best spin times out of all my yoyos.

Another thing that stands out is how stable the Hatchet is. As another person said in one of their reviews, this yoyo is almost impossible to throw crooked or sideways. It is so stable and will stay upright all the way until the last few seconds of spin. Since it’s so stable, it is good for horizontal as well. I don’t really know how to do very much horizontal and I’m still working on getting the yoyo to tilt at a near 90 degree angle. But it does it well, so I can’t wait until I get better at horizontal to test out it’s full horizontal capabilities. Also, for all of you who loves thumb grinds, don’t worry because the inner lip is great for thumb grinds. I personally don’t really like thumb grinds, but I tried it and it worked for my low skill level, so it’ll probably work for anyone who practices them a lot. :smiley:
The Hatchet was also dead smooth out of the box and the response was great, too.

Overall Thoughts

This is a great yoyo, at an even greater price. The Yoyofficer Hatchet is my new favorite out of all my throws, and it probably will be for a long time. On a scale from 1-10, I’d give it a 9.9! (Only because no yoyo can be perfect, right? ::)) Don’t hesitate on buying the Hatchet, because you won’t regret it. It looks great, plays great, and I think that it’s a yoyo that anybody will love!

Nice review and good looking pics. Love that colorway.

Thanks a lot, I really do appreciate it!