Superman - Stuck and need help

Hello all!

I’ve been stuck on learning Superman for the past 2 days and I keep getting stuck on the triangle. I also wanted people who already know how to do the trick to make sure I am landing the pop-up on the correct string after the rejection, as that may have something to do with why I’m having issues. Thanks and I appreciate all of the help I can get.

Anybody??

I’d have to caaarefully scrutinize, but there are a few things that don’t seem quite right. Regarding your rejection, when I do mine it lands on a back string and then I have to hop it over to land on a front string.

Regarding “up through the triangle”, it can’t be done with just your forefinger inserted. You need to have your NTH thumb and forefinger both in the same place. As you hop through the triangle, you remove the forefinger and replace it in the same spot (but with a string segment now out of the way). I also use the forefinger and thumb to spread apart the strings to make an easier landing zone.

I was actually doing the rejection correctly Greg and it was landing on the front string like in the video and like André states in his tutorial.

So clarification; if you did the string rejection and pop of the yoyo correctly and landed it on the correct string, you’ll be back in the same exact wrist mount position you were in before you did any of these moves.

My main issue came in with the widening of the triangle and also the string I was landing it on to do the dismount, I believe I had it on the string closest to me and not the string furthest away from me, which is what it needed to be on for the trick.

Anyways, long story short, I completed the trick and can now do it! Hooray!!!

I did it multiple times to make sure I had it down.

Thanks again for the input on spreading the triangle beforehand, it definitely helped!

Andre does it incorrectly. And by “incorrectly” I mean not the way Jason Lee does it. Just sayin’. :wink:

Could you then post a good tutorial? I am also in the middle of trying to learn this one.

I’d like to make my own some day, because I found I had to use a combination of tutorials. Here are the 3 I used:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev8Nvm0uSSQ → Good, but Jason Lee doesn’t go onto two strings like in this tutorial. Everything else is great, and Sebby indeed only uses his forefinger when going up through the triangle!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hshb7dyDU3g → It’s Jason Lee himself! This is almost exactly how I do it. I slo-mo’ed his slo-mo when I had to. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hshb7dyDU3g → Vasek really breaks it down well here, and has some great string-spreading techniques to borrow for when you can’t hit the narrow spaces as well as Jason Lee. Now that I’m thinking about it, I believe I relied on this one more than the Jason Lee one after all.

As you can see, after the rejection you’re hitting a back string then hopping it over the uppermost string segment and landing on the same string segment again but on the front.