Hammy's String

Hammy sent me 4 types of string to review. He is a new and upcoming string maker and needing some reviews to back him up. I’d like to thank him for choosing me as one of the few who could test and review the string. He sent me 4 types of string- a 10 thread like type 6, a 11 thread extra grippy, a 12 thread type 8, and a 50/50 Rayon Poly blend. When I received these strings, they looked very nicely put together. The colors were vibrant and the mixed colors looked very eye catching. I will review these strings in 6 areas- Color, Tightness, Whips/Slacks,Tension, what type of Kitty string (what most have tried) it is most similar to, and Softness. So here we go!

10 thread type 6- This string is black with white accents. It is wound fairly tightly. It handles whips and slacks very well. It doesn’t hold tension very good. It is slightly thinner than Normal Kitty and has a medium softness. I would say this string is for those who enjoy a thinner string and do whips and slacks a lot.

11 thread extra grippy- This string is black with orange accents. It is wound fairly tightly. It is fairly good at whips and slacks. It holds tension decently. It is slightly thicker than Fat Kitty string and pretty soft. I would say this string is for someone who likes a thicker all around string. This is my personal favorite.

12 thread type 8- This string is purple. It is wound fairly tightly. It isn’t particularly good at whips and slacks, but can defiantly handle them. It holds tension decently. It is about as thick as Fat Kitty and has a medium softness. I would say this string is for someone who likes a normal thickness all around string

50/50 Rayon Poly- This string is white with black accents. It is wound in the middle ground- not tight or loose. It is fairly good at whips and slacks. It holds tension great. It is slightly thinner than Normal Kitty and is very soft for something containing Rayon. I would say this string is for someone who likes a thin, soft string and do whips and slacks a lot.

Overall, Hammy makes some great string that everyone should try. I recommend you pick up a few of his strings to try out, at least one of them will fit your preferences. Please give me some constructive criticism on this review and what you would like to see in the future.
Thanks!