Video editing

What programs do u guys use to edityour videos? Id like to add music and transitions and text to my vids but I havent found a good free program todo that :-\

Windows Live Movie Maker pretty much lets you do all the basic stuff like that with relative ease and comes installed on most computers these days.

Yuki

Well I just conveniently have premiere pro, but movie maker allows you to perform all of the basics.

luckkyyyyy

I use movie maker for all mah videos but I have a homie who says he’s gonna hook me up with premiere soooo I will hopefully be usiing that soon

If only I had After Effects… Then I would be like “basic combo-BOOM FIREWORKS GREENSCREEN ROCKET EXPLOSIONS”

Windows movie maker will work just fine for what you want to do. I’ve used it before, and like every said, it’s good for the basics.
I have sony vegas pro now though, and it’s beyond awesome.

I’m convinced that this is what yuggles actually see whenever we do a basic bind.

Yuki

My computer doesnt have movie maker :open_mouth: any other suggestions?

hahaha or trapeze SUPERNOVA UNICORN JUMPING OVER A RAINBOW BEHIND YOU WHILE AT THE SAME TIME MORGAN FREEMAN IS RIDING A MASTODON IN THE DISTANCE WHILE THE $ SUNS ARE SETTING ALL AT ONCE ON A SUNDAY NIGHT

I use Camtasia Studio 8, it’s actually very very easy to use! you can easily add music text and transition effects, and way much more that I don’t know how to use xD and It’s free if you know where to look :stuck_out_tongue: if you don’t, PM me i’ll be glad to guide you.

EDIT: If you want, send me your video I’d be me more than glad to edit it for you! :smiley: (I’m done school, so might as well make use of my time) haha

If you can get access to a Mac, iMovie is usually pre-installed and therefore free. It’s a great editing software that is user-friendly and capable enough to make yoyo videos with ease.

I use Corel VideoStudio X5. It’s… OK. Better than Windows Movie Maker. There are things I don’t like about it, but at the end of the day I can do things like make my 60p video into 30fps for smooth slo-mo, I can add cross-fades, I can put music or voiceovers, and I can add titles.

There are a tonne of other effects and some other transitions, but they’re mostly cheesy so I don’t bother with those. :wink:

I dont have the vid yet but im making a 6 month vid in a weekor two and I want to make a few short vids and put them together with transitions, music, and text, Ill probaly pm you inlike a week when necessary, thanks!

I started using Lightworks today for a modding video that I’m working on. There is a free version that doesn’t seem particularly cut down from the professional version, especially for what yo-yoers are doing. All you have to do is register your download, which only took me five minutes. I haven’t done much yet, so I’ll report back later about how things are going.

EDIT: Lightworks has a pretty steep learning curve.

1 Like

And the price isn’t far removed from the Corel offering. The free version doesn’t have MP4 support included, which is the only bummer. I like MP4 for YouTube upload, although YouTube will support other formats.

Still, for FREE, I’mma check this out, too!

Thanks for all the quick suggestionsguys! i’ll definitey try some of these for my 6 month video comingup :slight_smile:

It would seem that you can get around some of the supported format issues by using eyeframe. The other nice thing about Lightworks is that it is fully cross platform (supports Windows, OS X, and Linux).

1 Like

yeah man, anytime you’re ready pm me and we’ll discuss it further. No problem!

I have After Effects CS6, but I still don’t know how to use it…LOL YOU JELLY?

I use Sony Vegas Pro. It is not free, but I got for free and you can also get it for free… God Bless - Moefv

If not you can use iMovie or Windows Movie Maker. Hope I could help.