General Yo Model 10 Initial Impressions.

First off I would like to congratulate Ernie on his 10th design and 5th year of business! Now onto my initial impressions of the Model 10! Bear with me as I am just starting to thrown again after a year long hiatus. First off I will start with the specs.

56.13 DIA
43.74 WIDE
66 GR
4.3 GAP

So if I am correct the Model 10 has a semi H shaped profile.

It is very nice and comfortable in the hand during returns. No sharp edges that hurt when a quick return hits your palm. It also sits very naturally in your hand before a throw.

In all the yoyos I have had pass through my hands, generally I always knew after the first few throws whether I was going to like the throw or not. On the first couple of throws with the Model 10, I was instantly in love. It is incredibly smooth. I sadly missed out on the KLR and Majesty, however every General Yo I have had has always been smooth. I think this one tops all the others in smoothness. By smooth I mean if there was no sound emitting from the bearing, you would easily mistake it for not spinning at all. I have had some yoyo’s that were smooth however they just felt dead at the end of the string. The Model 10 feels really alive and floaty.
Here is a picture of the yoyo spinning.

So how does the Model 10 play? Well incredibly as I am sure most of you expected. The floatyness lends it to playing quickly where you want it too. It however is very, very stable as well. I get very minimal tilting on a bad string hit or when the string hits the inner walls. It will also play slowly and deliberately if that is your style. I have had no issues with sloppy binds. No issues with any diameter of string or length either. The blast feels great and grinds really well also.

Here are a few pictures of the inside. You can also note that it appears Ernie masked off the inside before blasting to avoid strings shredding and breaking.

And a few just of the outside.

Mad props to Ernie and I cannot wait to see the engraved versions!

He really brought a special something to that “semi-H” type of yoyo. I can’t put my finger on it, but I really just love the way this yoyo looks.

Thanks for a review!

You are right! He brought a killer design to the table. It just seems really versatile.

It kinda looks like a bigger entheos. Is it like one? Thanks for the review!

EDIT: i thought you were yoyoFOOT. sorry lol.

I didn’t get to play that one either. However from pictures, the Model 10 appears to have a sharper drop to the response area.

Well “yoyofool”, you sure picked one of the best new YoYo’s to come out of a hiatus with !! ;D

I received mine a few days ago and as I continue to say, I’m amazed how Ernie has been able to turn out such awesome YoYo’s so consistently. The Model 10 is as smooth as a YoYo gets in my opinion. He has learned much from his years in producing great throws & it all really came together very nicely with both the Majesty, & the Model 10. I love how he went a bit more angular on the Model 10 vs. the Majesty, but still maintained the comfort in your hand at the same time. The blast on Model 10, like the Majesty is excellent for gringding, and grinding such a smooth YoYo is a hoot.

I sincerely hope everybody gets a chance to pick up one of the Model 10’s, I can not see how you would be disappointed.

Yes my hiatus was broken nicely :D. I agree with everything you said. I especially agree with the new shape. I love Ernie’s classic designs. These new ones are killer as well!

I got to try one for a little bit, I really liked it, I would use it for a competition without a doubt. If I had the money, I’d definitely pick one up right now. I enjoy how smooth it is, the shape, weight, etc. and the blast is always a pleasant addition.