Frantic or DV888

Hey guys, What yoyo do you guys think I should get. A YoyoFactory Frantic or the YoyoFactory DV888? I really would like the DV888, but I really want to try a different kind of yoyo shape like how the Frantic is so angular in its form. I’ve never played with either one but all I’ve heard about both of them was good things.

Thank you.

Sigh

I’m going to have to write another major post on how both are great… :stuck_out_tongue:

You know the deal. Preference -

The Dv888 is smaller than the eight8eight, flat rims, good spin times, great play without the price.

The Frantic in my opinion is a lot better, long spin times, cool wing shape, awesome balance, the whole 9-yards.

Sorry I couldn’t write a full review on them. I’m too tired…

Thnx Spencer.

I didn’t even give a suggestion… :stuck_out_tongue:

Tell us your preferences.

Without - Frantic.

You can’t say that. He/she only has 4 posts. Don’t make people get a yoyo if they don’t want to state their preference.

Answer these questions:

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
  5. What weight is ideal to you?
  6. Does color matter?
  7. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do? Fast? Technical? Smooth? Slacks?)
  8. What is your price range?
  9. What is your skill level?

Yeah… I know that. :slight_smile:

That’s why I said without. :stuck_out_tongue:

And I listed to tell us the preferences before that. But I couldn’t find it. ;D

The dv888 has longer spin times than the frantic, I know spin times depend on the throw but if both yoyos are thrown with the exact same throw the dv888 would win, this is because of the massive rim weight. The problem with the frantic is the weight distribution, somewhere yyf went wrong and the frantic has short spin times. They are both great yoyos, with great prices, but for me the dv888 wins hands down, and yes I have played both yoyos so my opinion is credible.

I too agree.

It’s like the Frantic doesn’t have rim weight. It is a weird type of distrubution. Most of it’s weight is down towards the bearing in the middle, and is very light on the outside, causing it to get off balance, and loss of spin times.

The Dv888 is very great - and is just an amazing Yo-Yo overall.

It does have very good weight distribution, and is well-centered and balanced, but it is so wide, that a flat bearing will off-center the string so easily that it will get off balance. I wouldn’t say easier, but it is almost.

The Frantic, though, is not as easy to get off-balanced. It you have all the weight in point A, it is hard to mess up point B because point A is so heavy, it keeps it in motion, thus loosing spin time. Bt to fix it in the Frantic, but a KonKave bearing. Not only will it fix the string centering with the distribution, but also gaining the spin times back.

But overall, I like the Dv888. :wink:

I thought you only had a Kickside and Hitman. When did you play with them?

Yeah, with friends. :slight_smile:

Alright thanks guys I just ordered my DV888 and it should be coming in a couple of days. Thanks for the Recommendations! I cant wait to play with my new yoyo.

But one more question, all the large bearing DV888’s are sold out. So I get a small bearing version. Is there really any difference besides what they said in the description of the yoyo? Because I’ve been told that Large Bearing yoyo’s sleep longer than Small Bearing yoyo’s. Because I still want to be able to do Ladder Escape.

Don’t worry - The small bearing will be capable of doing everything you can do :wink:

Yeah, I can do Ladder Escape on my bro’s small bearing 888, and can even hit it with my FH2 sometimes.

Alright thanks.

In the first bolded sentence, you say the Frantic tends to get off-balanced, and in the second bolded sentence you say it is hard to get it off-balanced. ???

It can get off balance easier than other yoyos, but it is still hard to get off balance is what I think he means.

Well, This isn’t my post but I’m going through the same decision and I thought I’d answer those questions!

1. I like my small Hitman but I don’t know enough about different sizes to say…
  2. I like the widest butterfly you can get! :wink:
  3. Again, I don’t know a whole lot about different yo-yos but I like double O-rings more than a hybrid.
  4. I have never modded a yo-yo but I do put thin YYJ lube on all my yo-yos and would love a KK for my Hitman
  5. 65g and up would be nice!
  6. Nope, but who doesn’t like a nice lookin’ yo-yo?
  7. Probably technical but that word might mean something different for you then it does for me…
  8. NO MORE than 70.00 but I will go that high if I think it’s worth it!
  9. Advanced at 1A but can’t do ANYTHING else. Though I’d like to order a YYJ Loop 720 sooner or later to start 2A!

Please respond with what you think would be best for me! ;D

the hitman is regular sized and since yo like wider yoyos a dv888

No, the Hitman is undersized.

I wouldn’t go for the Dv888, but the Frantic, it has a lot more catch zone then the Dv888. But the Dv888 is a great choice as well. But the Dv888 is heavy, fitting your preferences. So I’m not sure, they both fit your preferences in a different way.