MB's Powder Thread! Come & see the power of powder!

So while I have been away a certain number has shown up, 100,000 views!

My original plan was to be up and running again in order to offer up a stunner of a giveaway. Sadly this is not the case due to a very uncooperative schedule.

Things are progressing slowly however so stay tuned!

Website link below:

http://yothrowbling.com/home.html (defunct)

Review

A review of Mullicabob’s powdercoating

I have now had more yoyos pc’d by Bob than I care to count, and I thought it only fair I comment on what an amazing service is provided for the cost.

Some pics of the work I’ve had done:

There have been plenty of others too, but I wanted to highlight a few of the services that can be provided, although they’re already discussed in the rest of the site, such as superb splash work, incredible gradients, crisp colors and flat ano-like pc. The pc work that Bob can provide is worth every cent, as he will work carefully with you to produce a color scheme and design that you will delight in (there are a huge range of colors to choose from!), and will even re-work things if he doesn’t feel they are up to his standards. This in itself is a highlight for a professional worker - someone who prides himself on his work and will take great pains to ensure that the consumer is happy.

As a result of Bob’s efforts the coatings are always smooth and even, with the gloss-like finish providing a hard coat, but which is not an easy grinding surface. If this doesn’t appeal the flat ano pc will grind like crazy, providing a blasted feel which you would be hard pressed to distinguish from true blasted and ano’d aluminum. The hard coat is actually something of a delight because if it gets damaged Bob will take the yoyo back and for a minimal fee, touch up and re-melt the pc to smooth up the surface and turn it back
to as good as new.

And this leads me to the final true highlight of Bob’s work. Any semi-destroyed, beaten-to-oblivion throw will be carefully worked at, polished or blasted down until the damage is either gone or scarcely noticeable. Several times Bob has worked on a throw for me however and let me know that he hasn’t felt more could be done to remove damage without impinging on the quality of the yoyo. This knowledge and careful understanding of a throw’s design is ideal for someone providing these services.

Finally I should comment on Bob’s communication. He provides plenty of updates as a yoyo proceeds through his myriad of mystical ways, and will try and accommodate any combination of timescale and complexity of work. He is a seriously nice guy, and is an absolute pleasure to deal with.

Net result: if you have a throw that needs a facelift, or you know what even if you don’t, send your throws to Bob and let him make them beautiful. 'Cause every case needs a bit of extra excitement.

2 Likes

meatllics…

metallics…

1 Like

1 Like

wow…

Here’s a couple of pics of the newly acquired General Yo Torrent II.

Has a red metallic powder.

I will add some pics of it spinning tomorrow due to the flowable not being firm enough yet.

Sorry about the rag fuzz on it in the one pic… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

All of these yoyos are really /really/ pretty. Nice work.

1 Like

Here’s something a little special.

Splash powder coat, that’s right SPLASH, project. Translucent candy orange over a polished C3 DiBase also has a super gloss clear coat with a heavy gold flake additive.

Almost looks like the ILYY canodized a bit. This was not an easy project.

Just a few pics from the shop. Flowable is setting up now and will have some action shots tomorrow.

Head explodes

Jayyo will be happy.

Good gosh how much do you charge to do these?
Incredible…

Depends but around $30 to $40

a pic in the sun and some motion shots…

1 Like

OMIGAWDIWANTSSSSSS

Super sick powder jobs man, I’m totally digging.

Could you possibly list every color that you offer?

They look great.

Thank you.

Gloss Black
High Gloss Black
Gloss Blue
Gloss Yellow
Gloss White
Super Gloss Clear—great for sealing polish jobs
Smoke Chrome
Anodized Red
Translucent Green
Translucent Blue
Translucent Violet
Candy Raspberry
Candy Orange
Metallic Blue–prizm flake
Red Metallic–prizm flake
Black Metallic–prizm flake
Clear Metallic–prizm flake
Glow in the dark–coming soon

Any of the translucents can have flake added to them.

Flakes I have are Gold and Prizm.
Flakes I can get are just about anything.

Base colors like black, white, yellow etc. can be clear coated and flaked if wanted.

If there is a color you don’t see I can get it and will. Flourescents, flip flops all kinds of options.

Hope this helps a little and of course if anyone is interested it’s best to pm me and we can work up just about anything.

3 Likes

Alright sweet. Thanks, man. So many options!

You can add a prism flake to a super clear gloss, right?

Yep.

Awesome work you’re doing!

1 Like

Very cool!!!

Do you mask off the response area?

Yes and most of the time I just leave the pads in. But due to the heat of the cure process it melts the glue on the back of them and I just remove them or they come out stuck to the mask.

I add flowable free of charge, if wanted, when I do a powder job.