Good Songs for Throwing? (What's on your playlist?)

Recently I’ve been starting to listen to music more and more while I practice and I think the right songs definitely…well, I don’t want to say “help”…but they have an effect. Something about being in time to music and zoning out seems to make a difference in the way I play.

Anyway, just wondering what’s on your playlists…and if you don’t have a yoyo playlist, what songs would you put on it?

Mine from tonight…I usually like to pick songs with a strong, simple beat, and if they’re sort of chill then that’s a plus as well:

Take Care - Drake
The Nosebleed Section - Hilltop Hoods
Faded - Tyga
Check the Rhyme - Tribe Called Quest
Put It Down - Redman
Maybe it’s Just Me - Classified

Among others, plenty of Linkin Park, Eminem, and Skrillex. Also have a little Black Eyed Peas, Katy Perry, LMFAO, and other artists. Mostly the first three though.

From tonight
Clint eastwood-gorillaz
Tron sound track
Remixed video game music
Remixed tron soundtrack
Glitch mob
And what ever is playing on pandora

Skrillex and a lot of electronic songs

Pearl Jam, Green Day, Blink 182, and the Caught Flies.

I would agree with you on this. I think the right music puts you in the “zone”. I find that I relax more and just kind of go into my own world. I’m always looking for new yoyo music. I definately like the tron soundtrack too along with its remixes. I love Knights of shame by awolnation (thanks to the mossmania video). Right now here’s what I’m into:

Emancipator - any of their stuff
Nujabes - any
Mos Def - quiet dog bite hard (thanks to Hadoq)
DJ Krush any (Hadoq again)
Maroon 5 - moves like jagger (thanks Daniel Dietz)
Rizzle Kicks - Mama do the hump
Royksopp
Example
LMFAO
ATB
Tiesto
Sucker Punch soundtrack

I think I tend to lean to the more “electronic” or down tempo stuff with a touch of instrumental. Then there are some songs I see others using in a video and it just sticks as you can see from the list above.

Riot-Three Days Grace
Bat Country-Avenged Sevenfold
The Pretender-Foo Fighters
Burn-Deep Purple
Welcome to Paradise-Green Day
Basket Case-Green Day

That’s just a few :slight_smile:

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

Can we be best friends now?

Just use pandora

1 Like

There have been so many of these topics. I usually just answer with “what I usually listen to anyways.”

My throwing on and off last night was accompanied by the albums Hospice and Burst Apart by The Antlers, A Sleep & a Forgetting and Return to the Sea by Islands, and Boxer by The National.

Not exactly “throwing music”, but refer to my usual answer.

I’ve heard that dub-step is quite good (music with hardly any singing but just electro guitar or something of that sort, just search on YouTube if you don’t know what I’m talking about.)  Also watch out for Eminem songs as they usually contain swearing which isn’t appropriate for young audiences.  Linkin Park is also quite good though as is Green Day especially 21 guns

Hope this helps.  :smiley:

I recently got my dad’s old record player working, so I threw to The Wall (the entire album) by Pink Floyd on vinyl last night. I also tossed an old Bob Dylan album of his on for a bit.

Old school hip hop is a big part of what I throw to, also, and I’m currently on the hunt for some on vinyl, especially The Low End Theory by A Tribe Called Quest.

Electronica, too, whether it be Dubstep or House, etc. Especially Swedish House Mafia and Knife Party.

pendulum, glitch mob, escala, ratatat, and Lindsey stirling are all great bands.

Been yoyoing to Krayzie Bone and the Knieght Riduz lately.

Green Day:
Welcome to Paradise
Longview
21 Guns
Know your enemy
Holiday
Homecoming
Letterbomb
21st Century Breakdown
East Jesus Nowhere
do I need to go on but also Sum 41, Linkin Park, Daft Punk, Weezer, The Offspring, Skrillex, AWOLNATION, remixes other stuff… yea

Anything that plays on my iPod anything from Skrillex to Adele to Anthrax

The heart of the city instrumental- Jay-Z

I don’t usually listen to hiphop, but i like it for yoyoing. The way the beats go with hops and stuff is inspiring…

Die Antwoord
Crystal Castles
Ratatat
Rage Against the Machine

Seventeen Years by Ratatat

1 Like