Take Notice

Ok, everybody out there thinks they have to have this fancy yoyo to be a winner. Well I say enough! I see people walking around with Peaks, CLYW Bear vs. Man, Audley L3, and Rip-off yoyos like Fools-Gold. Enough!
All you need is a yoyo with a bearing with string. It doesn’t matter if you have Polyester or Cotton. String is string! You don’t have to have KonKave bearings because you think you yoyo is off-balanced or your throw is bad! Keep it stock! You don’t have to mod your yoyo to make it better! Keep it how it is. They make those yoyos because they think it is good. Not us. You don’t need to pay extra money to have a special edition or a contest edition. There’s nothing wrong with the regular. Yes, it is good to have a high-end yoyo every once in a while, but not all the time. $400 yoyos like the Catch 22 is a huge rip-off. Gold-dipped titanum rims, come on! Laser engraving, oh boy look at me! Don’t need it. At the most, you should have up to a New Breed, or a Mighty Flea, or a Metal Zero.

You don’t have to have the best to be the best. You don’t need a 6-pack counterweight set. 3 is enough.

Just remember one thing and one thing only! “Its not the yo that makes the player, its the player that makes the yo.”

Good luck and be aware.

2 Likes

Yup, very true. I just like the feeling of having a metal yoyo lols ;D Its just the feeling… Like having 1 of only 100 YYE Dark magics in the world… its just a happy feeling… So i guess its just nice to “Have” it ya know? ;D

P.S. Are you venting your anger or something? The tone is kinda angry sounding, not trying to be rude here :-[

Yeah. Every once in a while its a happy feeling to have something good or rare. No, I’m not angry. ;D I just wanted to sound like on of those preachers in church. ;D Well, hey, at least I made my point.

Sort of relates to this very recent topic: http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,3375.0.html

Well said. :wink:

A tiny bit. Only 1 and 2. Thanks!

so true spencer, but it is cool to collect cool yoyos and play them. but like you said, you dont have to have the best to be the best.

As I said in the chat; You don’t need a fancy expensive yoyo, you need a yoyo you like and enjoy throwing, anything else would be kinda bad.

Stock Freehand Zero…

Stock Freehand!!!
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=597956A241FEB8F3&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&v=qqMpuQzvl-E

That doesn’t really count as that’s the best they had those days :stuck_out_tongue:

And $400 for a C22 is NOT a rip-off. I’ve played it, and I would definitely pay the money for it if I had it.

If I had 460 dollars, I would buy lots of yoyos instead of a Catch 22. But then I don’t want a
Catch 22. As I said:

I don’t think that I would have enjoyed a Catch 22 to it’s full extent.

The bad part of having a really expensive yo-yo like the MG or the Catch is that if you accidentally ding it, then you will be heart broken.

It’s not the yo-yo, but the person holding it; except me, then it’s the yo-yo. l:D

It has Titanium rims, good luck dinging it.

Nice post.

Although I agree completely, I am getting bored of all of the “No yo-yo is better” stuff. Samad had one and it was perfect in my opinion but we don’y need 10 more of them, I don’t mean to offend because all of them are quality posts but there is to many for me. Since there is so many other threads, these get lost in post land so people make a new one instead of bumping. After a while, these posts are “Quality” to me more than another topic to post in. I hate to make this a “What’s wrong with the community” things but it seems that if we have to make so many posts reminding people about this kind of stuff, then there IS something wrong with the community. Now people may start bashing on me and saying that this is a great post so I shouldn’t say mean things but this is how I feel.

Nice post.

“It has Titanium rims, good luck dinging it.” Quote from Samad.

You can always scratch it.

“And $400 for a C22 is NOT a rip-off. I’ve played it, and I would definitely pay the money for it if I had it.” Quote from Samad.

Well, the play might me amazing, but the weight of that thing would feel like a truck on string. You can get just as good of a player from an Alchemy CUlater or a CU. There are many other brands out there that can deliver that amount of play for less price. Nobody needs gold-dipped titanium rims and black annodized rims. Come on, I’d rather a Milk.

“Although I agree completely, I am getting bored of all of the “No yo-yo is better” stuff. Samad had one and it was perfect in my opinion but we don’y need 10 more of them, I don’t mean to offend because all of them are quality posts but there is to many for me. Since there is so many other threads, these get lost in post land so people make a new one instead of bumping. After a while, these posts are “Quality” to me more than another topic to post in. I hate to make this a “What’s wrong with the community” things but it seems that if we have to make so many posts reminding people about this kind of stuff, then there IS something wrong with the community. Now people may start bashing on me and saying that this is a great post so I shouldn’t say mean things but this is how I feel.” Quote from Evan.

Yes, Evan, you are right a little, but this is nowhere near that “No yoyo is better than the other” post. This is a short paragraph on how players don’t need to have the best to be the best.

It is a lot like it.

This is saying that a Metal yo-yo isn’t better than a cheaper yo-yo or a plastic.

“This is saying that a metal yo-yo isn’t better than a cheaper yo-yo or a plastic.” Quote from Evan.

Yes. Not all metals are better than semi-metals or plastics. Take the Metal Zero for an example. The response is bad, and it wears out quick. Not many people like Friction stickers. You can get a Legacy for about $10 less and have a better time playing with it, and have a better response than the other.

Don’t confuse me here. Leave the subject alone. All I’m trying to say is you don’t need to have the best to be the best. Leave it at that.

I’m afraid I cannot. You chose to spring up a debate, so I shall continue.

Before I begin, note that this is not a flame war, and simply a debate. This topic is purely out of our opinions, and in no way will we get out of hand. Our posts show that we respect each other and that we are acting maturely.

Now I am going to get started:

Scratches can easily be buffed out. My friend Sumna assures me this, as he does have a C22. He also assures me that he feels it was definitely worth it as well. Also, we were talking about dings, NOT scratches. That is how I brought up my initial argument. Its titanium, so it would be hard to ding it. In no way did I bring up scratching. Also, if you are heartbroken over a tiny scratch, you need to really stop for a minute and think about how ridiculous you are.

Lets keep going:

You’re joking, right? That sentence alone lets me know you don’t know what you are talking about on the subject of the Catch 22. If 67.50 grams is a truck on a string to you, then you must have pretty puny arms, dude.

You may rather have a milk, but remember: Its all about personal preference. I hate Milks, and I would definitely take a C22 over it.

Okay - I’m done. Continue this debate if you must.

true you dont have to have the best yoyos to be the best but that does not mean expensive yoyos arent awesome, sure most pros can do all there tricks on a stock FHZ but does that mean that they dont need an expensive yoyo? no. high end metal yoyos play completely different from cheaper plastic yoyos, they feel nicer on the string and there is a lot more possibilities with them.

also, the thing about the catch 22. the catch 22 is probably one of the best playing yoyos i have ever played, it might have a bit of weight in it but it feels much lighter when on the string and it is extremely smooth. also since when are the rims gold dipped? it has aluminum black BBd body and raw titanium rims .

so in the end you might think all of that is not necessary and it isn’t but its like saying buying $300 gold clubs for golf is not worth it when you can do the same on some cheaper club.

1 Like