The Dream Yo Lion

In the beginning, of my curiosity towards this small brand, I bought a New Wing in hopes of buying another one for 3a. And it was good. Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy good. But I never did get around to buying another New Wing. But I did get the email for contacting Dream Yo. Since then, I have established an e-mail friendship with the man in charge of this diamond of a brand. And it has been one of the best moments in my yoyo career. Other than the fact that I now own two of the greatest yoyos ever.

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n592/Filledwithfire/Picture4-2.png
As you can see, there isn’t much cosmetically. I have no idea how the emblem represents a lion in any way. They are solid colors stock, but I mixed mine so it would be easier to see for 3a. No change in performance at all. But honestly, I don’t care any more about cosmetics and fancy anodizations. I WANT RAW PERFORMANCE. That is what I got. And the colors are so eye catching that when I got them I spent the first 3 minutes staring at them. Its the best looking black ever.
As for the shape, you might be able to se

brothers
Compared to the New Wing, its the shape that makes them identifiable. They both grind like a boss and you can pull a G5 move on them because you can actually grab the lip. The Lion is aslo 1 gram heavier, weighing a strong man 69 grams. But when you play them, differences show. Right before I bought the lions, I asked the owner what they play like because I wanted a reference. He replied “I would say lion is like a TP Positiron.” Fair enough. As soon as he said that My expectations where pretty high.
I was imagining they’d be fast, nimble, and crazy stable. Guess what, their better.
Not only are they all that plus more, they are crazy smooth. Like really, really smooth. Like Hspin Phoenix smooth (sorry man, you know who you are), like Ti-Walker smooth.
They are so good I can honestly look at my Sleipnir, and then look away. They have so much spinning power and play so light (to me) that I have to throw my Sleipnir extra hard now. All the rim weight is really used to the max. Other than precession, there’s no tilt or wobble or anything problematic. I then tried one with a KK bearing and it turned into a YYR/TP super yoyo, with a spin time of 15 minutes. (results may very)

Compared to the Sleipnir, they tie for stability. Because Mr. Eightlegs is only 65 grams, it can be launched and be accelerated much faster. But in order to play fast with a Sleipnir, you have to have the general idea of speed. The lion, is more like the Juggernaut from X-men. Start it moving and it doesn’t want to stop. Everything you do automatically gets turned up a notch (BAM) and goes faster. The Lion might not be as QUICK as the Sleipnir, but it certainly wants act like it. It certainly weaves in and out of strings easier because of it being slightly smaller than mutant horse. But it mimics it perfectly in around the body tricks. It might actually be better.

*hint: if you get a lion, think about a Superstar on steroids.

As for the response. It is a bit numb when cold. They act best in warm or humid temperatures. All Dream Yo products come with an extra pair of their pads. I actually have my Messiah fitted with the extras that came with my New WIng
As for packaging, the box it comes in is like a YYJ box; clear plastic with drawings on the front.
The bearings are just normal stainless steel bearings that just need a cleaning

Manufacturer DreamYo
Series None
Style String Trick (1A, 3A, 5A)
For Age Not Mentioned
Designed In China
Made In China
Weight (g) 69.0
Diameter (mm) 56.02
Width (mm) 42.16
Trapeze Width (mm) 39 A very universal size
Body Shape Inverse Round
Body Material Aluminum
Rim Type/Material n/a
Bearing/Axle Type Ball Bearing
Bearing Size Size C (Large)
Response YYF K-Pad large slim 19OD / YYJ Silicon Pad
Twist-apart Twist-Apart
Spacer None
Bind Bind Required
Surface Finish something that can grind for days

http://www.■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■.com/index.php/en/yo-yos/asia/dreamyo.html

cool i may get one ;D

where did you buy yours

Sweet review man!!! Do you mind if I take the idea of guess this yoyo and i’ll write a review on it???

I would also like to know where you got yours and for how much. Having a bit of trouble finding a retailer that carries them

Go ahead. Just mention my name.

Got it!