Help with looping...

Ok, first sorry if this is the wrong place to put this.

I recently started looping with a “yomega brain auto return” (The yoyo is slightly out of balance leans toward the brain side.) I did not pick this yoyo it was a gift, and the only “looping” yoyo i have. I also have an “x-convict” and a “dv888”.

I can normally get to about 5 loops before it starts twisting out of control, my record is about 17. I was just wondering if it’s possible to loop with a yoyo with a brain, or it’s me that’s stinks at looping. Maybe I’m using my wrist wrong or something… Maybe it’s the yoyo… I don’t know I’d appreciate any advice you could offer.

Also, I’m looking for a good, cheap, looping yoyo. PLEASE leave suggestions!

Thanks,
joebobII

Duncan Speed Beetle… thats what i use for my looping and had your situation…i used imperials though so it was a little bit better that a brain, but anyway…A local shop had the speed beetle so i got it, i can do like 200 loops now and go as long as i want…i just got another one and now i do 2a

Looping with a brain should be fine. Yes there are better ones but they work fine for looping, compared to not being really suited to string tricks all that well. They yoyo is supposed to tilt when you loop. If you throw right handed it should tilt about 10-15 degrees to the right. Left handed it should tilt to the left.

Take a look here for some good advice on looping.
http://www.yoyoing.com/shawn/guides/

My preference is a YYJ Relic or Yomega Raider Ex.

Thanks jhb8426, the guide has a lot of useful information.

As for yoyos, I’m considering these…
Raider EX: looks good
Sunset Trajectory: only available in trades
Loop 720: out of stock
Loop 900: have not come in yet
Speed beetle: okay, and probably can find one at a local store
Relic: don’t know much but I think it’s discontinued
Other: what’s your favorite?

Should I: Go pick up a cheap one? Order one now? Wait for some that haven’t come out yet?

Thanks for your advice,
joebobII

I loop with 900’s, and honestly I think it is just your way of looping. Remember each loop should be exactly like you’re doing a forward pass but continuous, most people raise their arms. Also remember the yoyos should be leaning inwards.

I believe it tips outward for most people.

http://www.yoyoing.com/shawn/guides/inside.cgi

[quote=Shawn’s Looping Guides]Angles

Lastly, it is important to know about the angle of the yo-yo. When a lot of people start looping, they assume that the yo-yo should be straight up and down. However, due to the way loops work, they tend to settle into an angle of least resistance. Sometimes this is called the Control Angle.

Generally when looping with your right hand, you’ll want the angle at about a 1 o’clock angle. For left-handed it’d be at about an 11 o’clock angle.
[/quote]