Do YOU wanna make a new trick? Well here's how I do it:

So you wanna make your own cool combos? Well here’s some of my best advice :slight_smile:

Method #1

1. Go find a freestyle by someone like Jensen Kimmitt or Grant Johnson (Don’t watch a really speedy freestyle like one of Hiroyuki Suzuki’s or Yuuki Spencer’s).

2. Pick a part of the freestyle that lasts 10-20 seconds. Try and find a combo that looks really cool.

3. Watch that part over an over and over again. And I really mean that. Watch that one combo until you can’t do it anymore.

4. Get off the computer and grab your Yo-Yo.

5. Try and do something that looks kinda like that section of the freestyle you watched.

6. You probably won’t end up creating something that looks like the tricks you watched, but you might end up creating some completely original new combo that suits your own style perfectly.

Method #2

1. Get out that Yo-Yo of yours’.

2. Do a Double or nothing.

3. Pop the Yo-yo off the string and land it on some other string. Or randomly swing it into that string you never pay any attention to.

4. If you did the last step correctly, then you should be in some freakish new mount .

(You may be thinking “Hey, what is this freakish new mount suppose to look like??”. Well the answer is up to you entirely)

1. From the weird mount your in, swing the Yo-yo around into that string over there. Or maybe you could swing it around your wrist while keeping it on the string. Why don’t you try popping into that weird string up there? HEY what just happened? Oh gosh now your in some other weird mount. Or are you? Hey look at that! It’s a Tripple or Nothing all of the sudden! What am I talking about? What I’m saying is, if you just keep fooling around with the strings, you’ll probably come up with something cool eventually.

2. Now that you’ve done all that what-not, you may have just ended up with a big fat knot in your string and a trick that looks like crud :stuck_out_tongue: What do you do then? Start over! just keep on messing around with those gosh-darn strings and you’ll almost surely create something cool. If you’ve created a trick but you think it looks lame, then just keep practicing it. The better you can do it, the better it looks. When you first create a trick, it’s probably gonna look pretty sloppy. All you have to do is put some effort into getting it smooth, and you’ll soon realize it’s not a lame trick after all.

Here’s some tips for creating a trick:
*You can do some sort Barrel-roll from just about any Mount. If you’re stuck in some weird string formation, Just try doing some type of Barrel-roll maneuver. This can do two things: It could change the mount into something else, or it can just make the trick longer by adding another move.
*If your in a big jumble of strings, try popping the Yo-Yo out of them from different angles. just experiment with ways to get the Yo-yo into a different position.
*Learn how to do Trapeze and his Brother slack. That slack trick can be done from so many different mounts that it’s a must-know trick for creating combos.
*Learn Kwijibo too. The Pops in that trick can be used for many different things in many different combos.
*Also Learn how to do…well…honestly I’m just going to tell you that knowing a lot of tricks makes creating new tricks easier. Trust me.

Well, those are the two ways that I usually create tricks. I’m pretty sure it’s how everyone else does it too :-
Anyway, I hope this advice helps. Creating tricks is pain in the neck, so to all the people having trouble;
Good luck!

2 Likes

gasp my sticky senses are tingling! :o

Lol thanks XD

The double or nothing mount thing is exactly what I do XD

Hi-five

Lol

i made on up this morning and it is tight

That was nice

Thank you

1 Like

It’s funny how a lot of made up tricks always start from double or nothing for inspiration.

It’s cause making a new mount is a pain in the neck XD