duncan counterweight agreement:

Can any yo-yo company or other non-Duncan entity sponsor a yo-yo contest even if it has a 5A division?
Absolutely. Duncan will continue to support yoyo contests as it has for decades and encourages its competitors and other potential sponsors to support the yoyo community in the same way.

Can a yo-yo contest organizer sell a compilation DVD from the contest where several 5A players are not using Duncan products?
Yes, with prior written consent from Duncan Toys.

Can an individual or corporation sell a compilation DVD that contains counterweight play?
Yes, with prior written consent from Duncan Toys.

Can I, as an individual or sponsored player, create videos and tutorials for 5A (not using Duncan) and post them online? (youtube, vimeo, etc)
Yes, to the extent that the individual is not commercially benefiting from the video and the website is not a Duncan competitor commercially benefiting from the video. (Ie. The video cannot be placed on another yo-yo manufacturer’s website)

Would Duncan consider licensing the patent to other yo-yo manufacturers?
Yes

Can I, as a retailer, recommend non-Duncan 5A yo-yos (ie: market certain yoyos as good for 5A)?
Yes, but only if the manufacturer of the products is a licensee of the patent.

Can I, as a retailer, post videos and tutorials for 5A (not using Duncan yoyos) in an effort to promote 5A or non-Duncan 5A yo-yos?
Yes, but only if the manufacturer of said products is a licensee of the patent.

Can I, as an individual, make my own counterweight yo-yo or use a counterweight on a non-Duncan yo-yo?
Yes, as long as it is done for personal use and the yo-yos are not being sold.

Where does Duncan own these patents?
USA, Germany

Can websites/blogs existing as tutorial/review sites only (defined as not selling yoyos) publish 5A tutorials/reviews using yo-yos other than Duncan?
Yes.

Can I, as a contest organizer, run a yo-yo contest with a 5A division and display/accept sponsorship from manufacturers that do not license the patent?
Yes

Can I, as an individual or sponsored player, compete in a 5A contest using a non-Duncan product?
Yes

If infringement occurs at a contest, will Duncan hold the contest liable?
Duncan would discuss any potential infringement with the infringing party and not the contest organizer.

As a sponsored player or an individual, if I win a 5A contest with a non-Duncan yoyo can I say that I am 5A champion?
Yes, absolutely.

As a sponsored player, if I win a 5A contest with a non-Duncan yoyo can my sponsor market me as 5A champion?
Yes, but only if the sponsor is a licensee of the patent.

there you guys go!