Selling DICE, are there problems with that?

Here is the problem. You use YoYoExpert ( or any other forum) to sell your items that infringe on that patent, because that forum, a Company, did not prevent you from selling the infringing item, they are now at risk.

Just wait. I am sure that Duncan is getting ready to make a statement about the details of how they intend to enforce the patent, and who they intend on forcing it with. In the mean time, stop getting yourself all bent out of shape over this.

It is complicated.
It is being worked on.
It is not moving at the speed you may like, but there is a lot involved with many corporations.
Patent law is tricky and best left to the experts.

Stop trying to look for a loophole. If you think you found some sort of magic Leprechaun escape hatch that will allow you to circumvent xyz, keep it off the boards. If YOU want to risk selling items that may or may not violate a patent, trademark, or copyright then YOU can take all the risk and open your own website to do so. Don’t put YoYoExpert, Or YoYo(Enter name here).com at risk for assisting your infringing ways.
This is part of MY job as a moderator, to not only keep the forum safe for other users but to keep the FORUM safe from liabilities and right now, until we know 100% what the Parent Company of Duncan intends to do, I am asking you all to table the “5a” drama.

3 Likes