YoYoFactory G5 2010 Review

Well, I’ve recently aquired a 2010 G5, and so far, so good. It comes in the ever beautiful YYF

packaging, with the hubstacks and other mentionables up in a top compartment. After getting it out,

I looked at the hubstacks. The larger hubstacks obviously make for more controlled catches, along

with a fun, tilted type of balancing game. I wasn’t much for the random colors of the hubstacks

upon looking at them on the internet, and was planning to buy some white ones, but they grew on

me. I was just relieved it wasn’t a sticker (how I hate them). And with that, I threw it. The first

thing I noticed was that this thing is very smooth. However, the hubstacks were very loud and can

mislead you as to when to bring it back to hand. Another thing that I love about this is the profile.

Your throw finger fits very comfy into the middle, and the other two just rest upon the fine, smooth,

rounded corners making for a very good grip. The annodization is very smooth, and very beautiful, a

good reason to take the hubstacks off. With hubstacks removed, it looks very plain, yet attractive.

This thing owns grinds, I may say as well. I don’t profess myself as a very good grinder, nor a yoyoer

that even regularly performs them. However, this thing shreds thumb grinds, and any other basic

grind I could think of. The K-pad response is very reliable and doesn’t wear out fast whatsoever.

Stick with them over the CBC pads, the inferior version (IMO). One problem I have noted is that the

string sometimes slips into the little crack between yoyo and bearing, a very tedious and string

genociding problem. For this reason I recommend a centertrac or a Konkave.

STATS:

Diameter: 2.22"
Width: 1.44"
Response System: K-Pad - Standard
Weight: 65 grams
Bearing Size: Size C

1 Like

great review.
i do own a G5, i change the z-stack with normal stack, give me more spin time and stability IMO.

but i never had a string slippage problem in mine, could be just me though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad you like it king!

1 Like

good review! :smiley:

1 Like

I can’t imagine going back to the smaller ones now, I’m too attached to these. And anyways, I ordered a centertrac, no problem now.

Hope you like that GM2, too.

Nice Review!

I guess double spacing makes reviews look really neat. Good Job!

I hope you’re having fun with your G5!

1 Like

Good review, but add pictures if you can. Other than that, it was awesome.

1 Like

Good Review but why the double space

easier reading, less cluttered. Just personal preference, really.

Tidy & Neat Review,Good Job

1 Like

[/quote]
Hope you like that GM2, too.
[/quote]
It’s great!!!

BRAVO MAN
BRAVO!!!
im getting one this week

I loved mine without stacks. So nimble, fast, and narrow. :smiley:

When you said it shreds on thumb grinds did you mean that in a good way or bad.Oh and great review.

Amazing yoyo ;D
Tried my freinds for about an hour, z-stacks are fun!!!

Good review! Now I REALLY want one… O0