Forum Acronyms And Abbreviations

hello.

So in the past i have seen a lot of forum text talk, (IMO, IRG’s, bump, etc, and many more) and this is a thread where i, and other people will answer your questions about, forum text talk.

here are some basic ones,
PM= personal message
IMO- in my opinion
bump- it means that your posting this for one reason and that reason is to move your thread up on the list
etc- so on and so forth
IRG’s- inner ring grinds (thumb grinds, finger grinds)
PGM = Plastic Grind Machine (I think I’ve seen this question here before)
YYF = YoYoFactory
YYJ = YoYoJam
DM= Dark Magic
FS = For Sale
FT= For Trade
LF= Looking For
WTB= Want to buy
FH = Freehand (and the Z if FHZ is zero)
C22 = Catch 22
AFAIK= As far as I know
IIRC= If I remember correctly
IMHO= In my humble opinion
OP= original poster
WTTF= want to trade for
FYI : For Your Information
TBA : To Be Announced; usually yoyo release date or something like that.
OG: original generation
YYG: yoyo guy
YYN: yoyonation
KK: konkave bearing
BST: buy sell trade

1 Like

Thanks for this Johnny! It will help a lot of people.

1 Like

Op is original poster, person who started the thread

there is one that you missed

Off the top of my head not in any particular order (some of these seem pretty obvious, but you never know). I don’t know if the intent is for this to only be yoyo related, but I’ve included some that are used in general but are a little less known than say lol or brb.

PGM = Plastic Grind Machine (I think I’ve seen this question here before)
YYF = YoYoFactory
YYJ = YoYoJam
DM= Dark Magic
FS = For Sale
FT= For Trade
LF= Looking For
WTB= Want to buy
FH = Freehand (and the Z if FHZ is zero)
C22 = Catch 22
AFAIK= As far as I know
IIRC= If I remember correctly
IMHO= In my humble opinion

(also, it’s abbreviations not obbrebiations, but are really more acronyms. Perhaps the title could be, instead, Forum Acronyms and Abbreviations)

WTTF=Want to trade for

i like this thread.

FYI : For Your Information
TBA : To Be Announced; usually yoyo release date or something like that.

and to the OP;
BUMP : as far as i know stand for : Bring Up My Post; meaning exactly as you mentioned.

nice work Johnny

No. Not really

I can’t see this being a sticky as several other webpages have all this information at hand, and googling isn’t hard.

1 Like

It may not become a sticky, but it is good information, and the websites that contain common internet acronyms do not cater to acronyms from the yoyoing community.

No googling isn’t hard, but what does it hurt to have an easy index to common yoyoing acronyms that are used here

For fun though,
Google

IRG= International Resources Group

PGM= PGM‎ - Barclays Capital Inc iPath ETN DJ-AIG Plat A  (NYSE)

C22= [PDF]
HASTELLOY® C-22® alloy
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
The undiluted deposited chemical composition of C-22 alloy covered electrodes has 0.02% carbon

yyj= Victoria Airport Authority - Victoria, BC
Victoria International Airport (Airport Code: YYJ) is the 9th busiest airport in Canada with over 1.5 million passengers per annum. Victoria is well served …

Granted that simply adding yoyo to the end of those (except IRG) brings exactly what you’re looking for, but just making a point.

Perhaps instead of a separate sticky though, it could be added to the “Guide to Using the Forums” that Kim-Lan made. (Just a thought)

that’s a GOOD idea!  How about it Kimy!

Kim-Lan doesn’t post here very often anymore, we could add to it if it isn’t locked, or have a very kind moderator(hint hint nudge nudge) attach it. :wink:

Edit: I think if we want this connected to Kim’s guide, we should really up the caliber of it. This is more of a babbling thread than a clean and clear guide. If Johnny edits the Op with the new things we bring up, then it might be more useful, since people won’t have to read an entire thread to find the one thing they are looking for. Just my thoughts ;D

1 Like

we could PM kim-lan?

She doesn’t visit anymore. If the list is up to par I might add it to her thread.

that would be great

IMO=in my opinion
IMHO=in my honest opinion (o.o)

OG= original generation AFAIK
(never used that last one before =) )

KK = koncave bearing
yyj=yoyojam
yyf-yoyofactory
yyg=yoyoguy
yyn=yoyonation (the nation)

Bump

bump