Hatrick Review (Red Blue color scheme)

Intro: Well, I’m finally writing my review of the Hatrick. I’m really just writing it for the fun of it (it’s fun writing reviews of great yoyos). I may not be the most qualified person (this being only my second metal) but here it is anyways.
Here’s some pics.

I usually don’t like bright color schemes but this is an exception. It’s just fun to watch. One minute you see blue then you see red. It not shiny but the colors are vibrant.
And some specs.
Diameter: 50.16 mm / 1.97 inches
Width: 41.32 mm / 1.63 inches
Gap Width: 4.42 mm / .17 inches
Weight: 64.1 grams
Response: General Yo Hat Pad
I really like these specs. It has about the width of a DM (for easy landing) and the diameter of a Maverick (making it easy to do chop sticks and such).

Out of the Box: The packaging is nothing special. Just a simple cardboard box with some logos. Inside there are a few goodies. The Hatrick comes with a YYN highlight and a perfect fit 20/80 nylon poly string, a boring piece of paper entitling what the yoyo was made and tested with, and 2 player trading cards (exclusive to YYE) So after reading some guidelines…. Ignoring the 16 or older guideline and putting the string on my finger, I took my first throw. The first throw is responsive but from then on it’s pretty unresponsive. But I was just amazed and hooked from then on at it’s playability.
Playability: This yoyo is amazing. It’s so smooth. I can barely feel the jerk when it reaches the end of the string. It has no vibe, and even if you throw a throw that puts vibe on it, it straightens out in the time it takes to land the trapeze. It’s very prone to quick changes in motion too. It almost feels like it’s on a bungee cord. It sleeps for a long time. I got it to sleep for 4min 15seconds without to much trouble (times are just for relevance and may differ from person to person). Plus the grinds are amazing. I got it to remain dormant, spinning in a finger grind for about 3-4 seconds. Plus the wide rims make it fairly easy to pop it up into a thumb grind. It glides on the string very well. It made (for me at least) skin the gerbil 3 times as fun. Just throwing this yoyo up and down (binding of course) is as much fun as can be for the simple action. Plus it’s quite.
Construction: Most of this section is taken from the little piece of paper that came with the yoyo. It’s made of aircraft quality aluminum. It’s anodized with Military spec TYPE II, MIL-A-8625 fir a light durable finish. Has a gyro rated bearing, which, according to this piece of paper, are one of the finest available in manufacturing. So that was the boring stuff now some more Important stuff. It says it accepts silicone, which I find nice for the company to tell me that. One of the interesting construction features is the short axle. It’s actually in the third picture it’s just so short it’s hard to see. I sort of like it because it makes unscrewing the yoyo quicker if you need to get out a not (I do this a lot). But it never falls apart unless you jam your finger into it or something.
Final Thoughts: This yoyo is a must buy (if you can). At first I was worried it wouldn’t be worth $100 but from the first throw I knew it was definitely worth it. A leave you with a warning though. If a friend offers you to try his after they have all been sold out, I wouldn’t. If you do you’ll spend the rest of your life moping that you didn’t buy one. So I’d get one NOW. There’s only like 2 left on YYE.
Oh almost forgot. A list of thing I thought could of been better.

1. I would of like to see the hat with the general yo logo on the red side to.
  2. These side spikes are sharp. I know its good for picking up but theres been more then once were my finger has hit these and been caused pain.
  3. I would of like it to become unresponsive faster. I know it was semi-unresponsive out on the 2nd throught but it took me a day to get it all the way unresponsive.
    All very minor stuff. This yo is almost perfect.

Great review. I think yo said quite but i know you meant quiet. overall very informative, pics were a little blurry, but were still a nice addition.

The normal Hatricks are called Hatricks. The USA Hatrick was the Hatrick with the colorway of the American Flag. I’m just saying this because of your title. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dang!

I just pulled mine out of the box, checked the string and the finish, wound it up and threw it- Awesome!
Super smooth, quiet, Very responsive , maybe a bit more than I like, but I expect that to get broken in. What a great feel and look.

Very happy with mine. Thanks YYE!

Steve

Nice review. Hatricks are AMAZING!

Hopefully gonna be getting mine on Monday. I’m so excited!

I wis I could have one. By the way nice review.!

Just out of curiosity, how does it compare to your other throws?

Yep, nice review! The only thing I would change is the part when you said it is like the Mavirick and is easy to do chopsticks and is like the DM because it is nice and wide. You could just say it is nice and wide and easy for chopsticks. But I thought this review was great, and well thought out, good job! :slight_smile:

Very good review. It was detailed, but the only thing that I didn’t like was the pictures. They were blurry.

Oh yeah… Hatricks are awesome.

I am intrested in the hatrick i wil trade a genisis and 30 dollars

This is a review, not a B/S/T…

Plus, it’s a necro post… let it die

He’s not trading it I don’t think, plus please don’t bring back super old threads.

Didn’t think i’d see this review again… I’d like to point out it wasn’t that good because I was pretty knew when I wrote it and it was my first metal so it’s kind of biased. Anyways it doesn’t need to be discussed but I’ll leave it up for referance.