BAC 2010 - official post

http://www.yoyocontest.com/bac/images/index.gif

The 13th Annual Bay Area Classics

When: Saturday, May 29th from 10:00am – 5:00pm
Where: The Band Shell in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA
(search: Spreckels Temple of Music, San Francisco, California 94118 or Bandshell Music Concourse, San Francisco, California 94118)

Divisions:
Yo-Yo Sports Ladder (Under 12, 12 - 20, 21 and up Age Divisions)
Novice Division (no age limits, 1 minute freestyles, DJ picks the music)
1A prelims (1 minute)
1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A Finals (2 minutes)

You can not enter Ladder or Novice divisions if you are entering 1A – 5A

Fees:
Registration for 1A - 5A is $15 and $5 each additional division
Novice and Sports Ladder are $5 each

1A Division Pre Qualified Requirements
These players do not have to compete in the 1A preliminaries:

• All previous BAC 1A champions of any year
  • All previous World 1A champions of any year
  • All previous National 1A champions of any year
  • 2009 National and World 1A finalists Current Region 8: Pacific Region: California (Northern), Nevada (Northern), Utah, Hawaii 1A champions

Schedule:
10:00am – 10:30pm Registration

10:30am – 11:00am Yo-Yo Sport Ladder and Novice Division (1 minute)

11:00am - 12:00pm 1A Preliminaries (1 minute)

12:00pm – 1:00pm Lunch

1:00pm 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, 1A (2 minutes)

5:00pm Awards Ceremony

Several vender tables will be there. They will be announced soon.

PRIZES:

We have many generous sponsors for this year’s BAC. All the sponsors will be announced soon. Here are things to look forward to:

YoYoFactory is sponsoring the 5A Division with a $500 cash prize for the winner!

Duncan is giving each final division winner a coveted Duncan Red Jacket!
http://www.yo-yo.com/images/crew/DuncanCrewLogo.png

YOYOEXPERT is one of our premier sponsors. Thanks Andre!

BAC 2010… the legend continues!

I am so, insanely, amazingly excited, I dont even know what to do with myself. I CANT WAIT! Can you explain the Novice division a little more?

The Novice Division is a 1 minute freestyle for players who don’t want to compete yet in 1A perlims and 1A finals. The music is picked by the DJ, and it is judged just like 1A finals with positive, negative, and performance points.

-Stu

this is my first yoyo contest but im not that good, im around expert 1 and 2. Are there any age groups or any thing like that, how old do you have to be. what group should i be in. ???
what is novice,prelims,ladder, and finals.

can i enter novice if im doing 1a, if not why

For future referance, you can use the modify button in the top right corner of the post box if you have something you need to add.
But it looks like a fun contest, wish i could go…

cool
entering 1a,4a,and 5a
I highly doubt I can get my 3a together before then though

No age groups, or limits of any sort for freestyles. You can enter whatever you’d like, but if you don’t think you’re ready for the main divisions or are unsure, that’s what the novice division is for. It gives beginners a chance to compete against people their level. Prelims in this case are for people who want to make it into 1A finals and aren’t seeded. There are so many people that want to do 1A that they have to weed them out and take only a certain number of the highest placing freestylers to the finals. This would be you if you decided to do 1A. Ladder is a list of specific tricks that start easy and increase in difficulty with each one. A judge will tell you what to do, you do it, you go to the next one. You do this until you mess up twice. The player who went the furtherest wins. You can search for an example list of ladder tricks. There are age divisions for ladder as you can see. Finals are for 1A-5A, 2 min freestyles.

You can’t do novice and 1A because if you think you’re good enough for 1A, it wouldn’t be fair to go against novice players.
I saw you made a thread and asked about how to enter the contest too. If you didn’t know still, you register when you get there between 10 and 10:30.

Nicely explained Anthony. Thanks man!

See you at the BAC? I hope so!!

-Stu

I’m going, gonna compete 1A, 5A, and maybe 4A.

Happy Throwing! =-]

i dont get it is it that novice is 1a exept it is for begginners or what, im beetween expert 1and 2 what shold i be in

novice

I agree. Do the Novice Freestyles.

-Stu

1 Like