How to Tune?

A little on each side. Nothing dramatic, but I can notice a wobble.

Ok, in a perfect setting there shouldn’t be any noticeable wobble. A little is alright, but it would tend to explain where your vibe is coming from.

Take the M1 apart, and turn the axle just a little bit, either in or out, and carefully put it back together. Experiment with this a little, and see if you can get it dead center.

Also, has this yoyo ever taken a hit?

Do I have to take the axle out altogether? Also, it has taken SEVERAL hits ;D

You know what, take the axle completely out and rest it on the table or desk in front of you.

Gently push it so it will roll. Is it completely flush against the table, or does it look like one or both ends are going up and down?

Take it out like I would a YYJ? Cause I’m not good at taking them out ;D Both times I have, I stripped it altogether.

Well, then you might want to avoid doing it if you can’t do it without stripping it. It sounds like you’ve got a slightly bent axle, though, given what you’ve told me so far.

Both halves are a little wobbly, you’ve got a vibe, and it’s taken several hits. I imagine that axle has seen better days.

Of course, taking it out and giving it a roll will tell you right away, but not at the cost of stripping it unless you’ve got a replacement sitting there with you.

Well, its not an extreme vibe, just one I wish I could do away with. I’m gonna try using locktite.

That could work.

Make sure you use the blue stuff, and not the red. :wink:

Yeah, I’ve had it for a long time. I remember almost going to buy it with the Red in my hand, and I read the back, and it was talking about how it would be difficult to remove. So I got the blue. I’ll tell you how it plays! I’m just letting it set in right now.

Axle??? the screw??? I only had a duncan

???

Try getting a new axle. Mabye from the 7 hits the axle bent and now it has a slight wobble. If that doesn’t work, ask Shawn (onedrop creator) and tell him about it and they might give you a refund.

~Steven

what do you mean by axle??? The duncan ones just have a screw.

That is your axle.

Nah, problem fixed. Also…I never had 7 hits…

Anyway, weird thing. I told them about it, because my axle switched sides, and Shawn told me to just leave it as it is.

What, exactly, ended up fixing it?

You said acouple post’s up that your M1 took 7 hits. My M1 had a wobble too, but it wasn’t bad.

Actually, he said it took SEVERAL hits, not seven.

Erm… My DM just came today… and I can’t figure out how to take off the sidecaps, or take out the axle, or take out the O-ring… any help?

The Lock-Tite fixed it.

Anyway, you don’t need to take the axle or O-Ring out now. To take out the axle, take pliers and grip it and twist counter clockwise to get it out. Make sure to put something soft around it so you don’t strip it. Also, i suggest you don’t take the axle out unless you need to replace it or something.

For the O-Ring, just take a pin, and poke underneath it then remove it.
For the sidecaps, use a suction cup, or use duct tape, and remove it.